Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 06-01-2010, 01:45 PM   #1
JerseyVics
www.FPVregistry.com

Arrow The Thank You Thread - My Travels in Australia

Forgive me for the long delay in posting this, even so it will be short but I realize I'm being a pig not having done this sooner.

Anyway, as a lot of you know I've spend the better part of 2009 in Australia visiting as a tourist on a work and holiday visa. The FPV backpacker trip where I didn't stay at a hostel once thanks to the support and help from fellow Ford enthusiasts.

I wanted to write a long note about all my experiences and activities I took part in Australia, New Zealand and around the South Pacific but the proverbial sheet has hit the fan upon my return home. Things are a bit crap so I'll save the good stories for better times.

For now I would really like to thank WHOOSHA the most. The man is a legend, the whole family is awesome and welcomed be like a bastard child into their lives. For that I thank them from the bottom of my heart. To the rest, and you know who you are, I will thank individually soonish as soon as I get my life back on track in the good ole US of A.

For anyone reading this abroad thinking about doing something similar... Go for it! You will probably have a blast, just keep in mind it ain't cheap. Best of luck, and Thanks!

--Russ

Old 06-01-2010, 07:33 PM   #2
DBourne
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

great stuff mate!!

Glad you enjoyed your time in Australia.

Hope everything works out.
Old 07-01-2010, 09:25 AM   #3
ebxr8240
Performance moderator

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical advice. 

Might come over your way sometime...??
NOTHING like a local to show you around...
Dart 330ci block turbo black pearl EBXR8 482 rwkw..
Daily driver GTE FG..
Projects http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=107711
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...8+turbo&page=4
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2010, 11:13 PM   #4
Burnout
Falcon RTV - FG G6ET
Donating Member3

Mate, so pleased to see you enjoyed yourself - pleased to have been a very small part of your journey.

Come back one day and visit us agin.

RTV Power
FG G6ET 50th Anniversary in Sensation.
While the basic Ford Six was code named Barra, the Turbo version clearly deserved its very own moniker – again enter Gordon Barfield.
We asked him if the engine had actually been called “Seagull” and how that came about.
“Actually it was just call “Gull”, because I named it that. Because we knew it was going to poo on everything”.
Burnout is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2010, 11:30 PM   #5
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

Glad to read you made it home safe Russ..

Sad I never got to meet you...next visit hey?

Cheers
Colleen
Old 08-01-2010, 02:19 AM   #6
Cobra
Bear with a sore head

Did you ever make it to SA? We would have loved to have taken you for a cruise in the F6X!
Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2010, 01:14 PM   #7
Whoosha
AU DIE HARD
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the things you do behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra
Did you ever make it to SA? We would have loved to have taken you for a cruise in the F6X!
You would have loved his Adelaide trip Cobra I transported him over there, Not in one of my my usual big bangers shall we say one you may see once a week on a wednesday night . left melb at 3am had him at the SA rail head at 1100 am, even went the old way down the hill past the Eagle, then had my ever help full taxi driver give us the 15min. tour of all your major attractions on the way to the airport ( mental picture of Yanky tourist hanging out taxi window takeing happy snaps along the way ) :togo: had him eating his way thru the Virgin lounge ( thats Virgin blue airlines : ) by 1.00pm landed back in melb. at 430pm, back home to my spare room in down town Cranbourne with his head still spining by 6 pm.
Seriously though, it was a pleasure having you stay for the short time you were here, hope you get your house in order soon and do the proper write up here on your journeys in Auss.
cheers Whoosha

........Age and treachery will ALWAYS overcome youth and skill.......

CORTINA 250 2V POWER soon to be AUXR8 Windsor pwrd

.............WINDSOR WARLORD WHO CARRIES THE CLEVO MAFIA AND BROKEN BOSSES...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riksta
Quote of the weekend: "The quarter mile wasn't as long as I expected it to be".
Whoosha is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post