Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 06-12-2009, 01:07 PM   #61
302 XC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i live in the bush NEXT G is absolute rubbish CDMA had better coverage and fewer dropouts,mobile phones are for when u need to ring someone arent they ?????
if my car brakes down my phone has no coverage so i gotta walk to the next town
i thought this was 2009,not 1969 !!!!!
as for TELSTRA they want $300 connection fee to hook in my land line to there service
oh plus all line costs on my property(i dont mind that bit)but $300 to hook one wire up!!!!!so ive got sattelite internet (free dish and instalation,cause im outta town)and mobile phone (oh and two tins and a string if i break down )
302 XC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2010, 08:07 PM   #62
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

my young brother bought a 2nd hand but more modern wireless internet dongle(telstra brand) to replace the slower old model(telstra brand) it`s a a matter of changeing the sim card over in the dongles, and telstra can reactivate the dongle, but no telstra want him to buy a brand new dongle and open a new account, another couple of hundred dollars, apparently even if you let your wireless account runout for a month they wont reactivate it unless a new dongle is purchased, this is what he was told , not sure which operator , one was from india, one queensland, one elsewere, and one on line, after that i had a vision..........it was one of pirate`s out on the open sea`s, i just can`t understand why that popped into my head, anyone else have a similar experience?
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2010, 10:21 PM   #63
dave351cid
playing in my big shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerida67
i live in the bush NEXT G is absolute rubbish CDMA had better coverage and fewer dropouts,mobile phones are for when u need to ring someone arent they ?????
if my car brakes down my phone has no coverage so i gotta walk to the next town
i thought this was 2009,not 1969 !!!!!
)
have to agree with you there. a lot of black spots around here including in the towns.

interestingly .....i was talking to a guy from south africa not long ago and he could not believe the poor quality of mobile phone networks in australia. he reconds that in south africa you are almost certain of having reception anywhere in the country. and they are regarded as a third world nation.
`04 BA XR6 Turbo sedan. Blueprint. auto, Leather trim.
`03 BA XLS ute . Acid Rush, factory lpg, auto,
`48 TEA20 Grey Ferguson,
`62 Willys 6-230 , 4x4 light truck
`04 Yamaha TTR 250
dave351cid is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2010, 04:27 PM   #64
HLC
Audi S3

i was trying to get my phone line connected so i could get naked dsl at my apartment, and i needed to explain to them that it was a temporary connection for that purpose.

so they gave me the wrong number and it was an extra 2 weeks of fart-ar sing around trying to get my internet connected on top of the 10-20 days anyway.

when i called back to find out why the application kept getting knocked back, the operator thought it was funny, and added to that i had to pay a whole month of line rental because of the stuff up. again a laughing matter.

:
Old 05-01-2010, 04:39 PM   #65
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Oh dear.. Dont start me on telstra.. The sad part is they are the best of a bad bunch especially when it comes to coverage.. Everyone goes on about how the others rent the same equipment but sorry, Ive had numerious Optus / 3 phones that haven't given me anywhere near the coverage of Telstra!
2024.50 Mustang GT 10A Grabber Blue Nite Pony Package. Due Aug 24.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2010, 05:31 PM   #66
FALCONXTV8
JUST CRUIZEN

I have about 5 companies on my blacklist that i will NEVER deal with again and Telstra is no.1.I can't even stand it when someone comes to my door trying to sell me there products.

2012 KIA OPTIMA PLATINUM for the wife
FALCONXTV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post