Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 29-12-2009, 12:34 AM   #1
fordOwner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Macgyver & Alby Mangles - the new MOVIES!

Well Im, a MASSIVE fan of adventure/survivor man flicks such as Alby Mangles, Mike & Mal Leyland, Jack Absolom, Malcolm Douglas, Bush Tucker Man , Wild Man (Bear Grills), and of course Macgyver. I know, I know, he's not real.

So not only are they going to make an Alby Mangles movie but also a Macgyver Movie!!
And get this! the new Macgyver -Which will not not Richard Dean Anderson, wont have a Swiss Army Knife.......but a Leatherman! ARRIGHT! (as Mac' would say)

Quote:
ALby Mangles Movie.
A deal has been struck with Alby Mangels based on Lynn Santer’s authorized biography to prepare a major feature movie screenplay with veteran Hollywood producer, Paul Mason.
Quote:
MTV.com by Elisabeth Rappe - Macgyver Movie.
Earlier this year, we brought you the news that The A-Team was reforming on the big screen courtesy of Ridley Scott and Joe Carnahan. Now they've got some '80s competition -- and considering how deadly he is with a toothpick and some bubble gum, they better watch out. Yes, that's right: We're getting MacGyver, the Movie.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, New Line is developing the television series into a feature film, with an eye to turning it into a "global franchise." It's being put together by the De Laurentiis family and the series original creator, Lee Zlotoff. They're currently looking for a writer who can honor the character's place in pop culture while still making a solid adventure movie.

For those who know the pop culture reference, but not the character, here's a little bio: MacGyver was a secret agent for the U.S. government and something called the Phoenix Foundation. He's laid back, highly intelligent and a bit of a pacifist, preferring to avoid violence when possible. He didn't even carry a gun, only a Swiss army knife and duct tape. Each episode was always built around some fantastic device MacGyver created out of common items to get himself out of a jam. No one can build more things out of paper clips, bubblegum and his ever-present duct tape than MacGyver.
Macgyvers creator explains how he came about.

Most of you dont give a stuff im sure, but I thought id share this with you all.

Click here to see my ute

Last edited by fordOwner; 29-12-2009 at 12:41 AM.
fordOwner is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2009, 12:47 AM   #2
rusty 351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i could watch malcolm douglas documentarys all day, hes a legend

dont usually watch much tv but they ran all his shows a while back on one of the hd channels, good stuff
rusty 351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2009, 12:52 AM   #3
fordOwner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Macguver, Leyland's World and Malcome Douglas are back on 7two on weekends. Saturdays I think.
I hate TV but when these survival guys are on im glued.

And how can I forgett to mention the Bush Mechanics!

Click here to see my ute
Old 29-12-2009, 12:55 AM   #4
BHDOGS
Banned

dam hollywood has run out of ideas
BHDOGS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2009, 02:03 AM   #5
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I always get a laugh out of the "McGyver does not use or need a gun" myth.

In the first episode of the first series he shoots several guards with an AK47 while rescuing a POW.....
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2009, 02:08 AM   #6
SVD

HELLS YEAH!!!
This thread was made awesome because MacGyver managed to rig up an awesome generator with a hair comb two burnt out matches and an old sweat sock!!!
SVD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2009, 09:05 AM   #7
vik351
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordOwner
Well Im, a MASSIVE fan of adventure/survivor man flicks such as Alby Mangles, Mike & Mal Leyland, Jack Absolom, Malcolm Douglas, Bush Tucker Man , Wild Man (Bear Grills), and of course Macgyver. I know, I know, he's not real.

So not only are they going to make an Alby Mangles movie but also a Macgyver Movie!!
And get this! the new Macgyver -Which will not not Richard Dean Anderson, wont have a Swiss Army Knife.......but a Leatherman! ARRIGHT! (as Mac' would say)

Macgyvers creator explains how he came about.

Most of you dont give a stuff im sure, but I thought id share this with you all.

Wild Man (Bear Grills),

I watched last weeks show after Top Gear...

Alby Mangles was a stick choker (Only watched it cos of Sam...Well maybe Judy Green)

But Edward "Bear" Grylls takes the cake

Talk about make a mountain out of a mole hill... !!!

Couldn't watch another one...

vik...

: : :
vik351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2009, 09:34 AM   #8
fordOwner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

falppist - your right!! he does blow away those army guys with an ak47! HUH! I think that was the Pilot episode too.
made me laugh when he scared away some hit men with pistols with just a comb and tin foil, he blew into them to make a police car siren that ended up making them run off thinking the cops are coming.

Click here to see my ute