Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 21-12-2009, 04:00 PM   #1
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Default A Nice Surprise!

My local servo is a Shell (Coles Express), and since I like to use 98RON fuel in my car, I tend to buy a lot of V-Power from them.

Now for those who don't know, Shell have this little "V-Power Club" online with discount offers for various places and competitions and stuff.

There was a competition going on there where if you bought V-Power, got a receipt and punched in your receipt number you went in the draw for a $100 Coles Express gift card.

Well, postie came with a registered letter for me today, I'm thinking WTF I haven't ordered anything that comes registered, opened it, and it was a $100 Gift Card for me!!!!!!!

Was a nice surprise, I'll get a full tank out of it, plus depending on the price maybe another third of a tank after that. I was just thinking earlier that I'll need to fill up the tank again in the next day or so, looks like I get it for free now!!!

Originally Posted by Nikked
Riksta likes VN's so much, he has the ashes of a VN in a jar on the mantle piece, a vile of VN engine oil hanging from his neck and a BT1 build plate locked up in a safe, buried under 6ft of concrete.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Day-mow
pretty much what has happened here is i trolled you. and it was fun.
Riksta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2009, 04:19 PM   #2
auxr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well, you'd be a happy guy now wouldn't you - first Chrissy present eh :
auxr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2009, 04:40 PM   #3
Pinch
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

So people do actually get these prizes! Congrats.
Old 21-12-2009, 06:42 PM   #4
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Good one!

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2009, 07:40 PM   #5
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinch
So people do actually get these prizes!
That was one of my first thoughts!!!

I've got just under a quarter of a tank, probably going to use it tomorrow when the fuel's a bit cheaper, want to try maximise the number of litres I can get for their money ;)
Riksta likes VN's so much, he has the ashes of a VN in a jar on the mantle piece, a vile of VN engine oil hanging from his neck and a BT1 build plate locked up in a safe, buried under 6ft of concrete.
Quote:
Old 21-12-2009, 08:34 PM   #6
xbcool
dazed&confused

well done ,ya don't get much for nothing now days

beauty is only skin deep.
ugly goes all the way to the bone.
xbcool is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-12-2009, 11:47 PM   #7
Fordman87
Starter Motor

Good work! I always enter those sorts of thingsl maybe oneday i will win :P
Fordman87 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-12-2009, 11:55 PM   #8
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordman87
I always enter those sorts of thingsl maybe oneday i will win :P
Well this is true!!! Besides it didn't take much to enter, just had to get the receipt when you bought fuel and punch the number in on the website to go into the draw.

ALL people who entered (whether they won or not) are also in the draw to win one of 6 $1000 fuel cards, I'm thinking my luck isn't that great but it would be an awesome prize, would last me a good couple of months I reckon!
Quote: