Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 17-12-2009, 04:30 PM   #1
RedHotGT
Long live the Falcon GT

Default Triple Father's Day killer wins appeal

Quote:
FROM NINEMSN.COM.AU
The man jailed for killing his three children by driving them into a dam has had his conviction quashed and will face a fresh trial.

Robert Farquharson, 40, was appealing his sentence of life in jail with no parole for the murders of Jai, 10, Tyler, seven, and Bailey, two.

The three drowned when he drove them into a dam near Winchelsea in Victoria's south-west on Fathers Day 2005.

Victorian Court of Appeal judges, Chief Justice Marilyn Warren and justices Geoffrey Nettle and Robert Redlich, ruled that his conviction be quashed, his sentence set aside, and that he face a new trial.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/...er-wins-appeal
This makes my blood boil...
I've driven past the site of this horrific incident....
There is no way that the car ended up in the damn by accident...
And there is no way that any SANE parent would be able to leave their kids in the car while they got out themselves...

I'd die trying to save my own kids.... And i'd have been swimming in and out of the damn tryin to do it until I drowned myself....

Anyone else's thoughts??

Old 17-12-2009, 04:37 PM   #2
LTDterri
SY TS Territory

Same as you loftie, my kids go then so do I trying to get them out, not leaving without them.
Old 17-12-2009, 07:55 PM   #3
FALCONXTV8
JUST CRUIZEN

The guy's an oxygen thief and he'll get what he deserves one day.

2012 KIA OPTIMA PLATINUM for the wife
Old 17-12-2009, 09:32 PM   #4
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

He must face a new trial.

They stuffed up the trial procedurally which may later have allowed him to to go free.

He has not been freed, just will be tried again.
Old 20-12-2009, 02:20 AM   #5
Bossxr8
Peter Car

He definately did it, headlights were switched off before the car hit the water, and it would have had to be steered to get into the dam, he even went around a tree.
Closed Thread