Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 18-11-2009, 12:49 AM   #61
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

The detailer did a job on my car when I took delivery, I didn't bother taking it back, it gets driven down dirt roads so I dont wash it haha.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-11-2009, 08:28 AM   #62
vegabass
BASS ON BOARD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoesLikeAZetec
Also in regards to the flash upgrades... Isnt there a thread here somewhere that shows you how to get into the computer software by starting the car with some buttons pressed. I seem to remember it saying it shows the firmware number...

That'd be awesome... Take a photo of it before you take it in.... When they say they'd done it for you..... you go to the car, switch it on and check.... then ask why its the same version number as before...

I think i will do that for the next service...

Link please? Id love to know how to do this.
Old 19-11-2009, 03:11 PM   #63
doctamick

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegabass
Link please? Id love to know how to do this.
Here's the link: http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11269971

I just tried it on my WS Zetec manual and it worked as stated. However, I did not check each of the parameters, to see if they matched up with the list. Regardless, this is pretty bloody handy, I will definitely be looking at it in more detail in the future.
doctamick is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-11-2009, 08:50 PM   #64
blownba
LPG Forum Moderator

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For all his assistance helping members with their LPG issues. 

We got the car back this afternoon.
Paintless dent removal got it out (I knew they could but I wasn't gonna get my guy to do it, turns out they use him anyway).
BUT now the economy is sitting on 11.2L/100km!!!!!!!

I can just see that I am gonna need to fix this myself arn't I??
Or at least diagnose the issue and spoon feed it to them.

I am starting to hate this car. When I am in it (especially with my wife driving) I feel like getting out and taking to it with a big freakin hammer.
Or driving it straight through the dealers shop front.

I too will be selling this car damn quick. I am starting to regret not going for a different mark.... Damn brand loyalty.

blownba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-11-2009, 09:05 PM   #65
StormyKnight
'09 Vision 5 Dr Man Zetec

Quote:
Originally Posted by blownba
...BUT now the economy is sitting on 11.2L/100km!!!!!!!
The display economy is over the fuel use & kms done since last reset!

When we picked up our car @ 30 odd km on it & drove it around town, it climbed to 20l/100km...

If you sit at the lights your using fuel & going nowhere afterall...

Try it out on the highway, reset the reading & then see what you get...

Cheers
Old 23-11-2009, 10:29 PM   #66
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It is a 4 cylinder auto. Only the Jazz, WQ Fiesta and Polo makes the combo acceptable. I'm just glad I got the manual. It's got some balls when needed, and just doesn't use any fuel.
dannyhilton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-11-2009, 10:47 PM   #67
GoesLikeAZetec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Might be time to complain to Ford directly buddy!!!!!!

I know ours, since the complimentary service only gets 7 - 7.2ltrs at its best instead of 6 - 6.2 which we'd get easy before hand.... Dunno why...

As a Holden man for nearly 20 years we drove all these,before we decided. Yaris,Barina,Getz,Jazz,City,I30,Cruze,Astra,Swift, Mazda 2. Sigh (yes alot)

The fiesta still came out on top by a mile with most of these cars. A couple were close but it meant either loosing a heap of gear/power/ or putting up with a stupidly dull cabin..

So see how you go with Ford direct buddy. If they dont do anything for ya, you might be right and its time to go....

Quote:
Originally Posted by blownba
We got the car back this afternoon.
Paintless dent removal got it out (I knew they could but I wasn't gonna get my guy to do it, turns out they use him anyway).
BUT now the economy is sitting on 11.2L/100km!!!!!!!

I can just see that I am gonna need to fix this myself arn't I??
Or at least diagnose the issue and spoon feed it to them.

I am starting to hate this car. When I am in it (especially with my wife driving) I feel like getting out and taking to it with a big freakin hammer.
Or driving it straight through the dealers shop front.

I too will be selling this car damn quick. I am starting to regret not going for a different mark.... Damn brand loyalty.
GoesLikeAZetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-11-2009, 10:55 PM   #68
blownba
LPG Forum Moderator

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For all his assistance helping members with their LPG issues. 

The ave. was reset after the second time back (a couple of weeks back) so its done about 500km since.
I know all the in's and outs of economy testing, believe me I deal with it dail with my LPG systems but from my rough calculations I should be seeing around low to high 8's.
But I will get to the bottom of it. I just don't have the time lately. I was sort of relying on Ford do do all the dirty work, thats why I bought her a new car as I just don't have the time to work on our own cars anymore.

blownba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2009, 11:00 PM   #69
Zetec Dave

Hey guys, the Fiesta had its first service and got oil and filter change for $70 (aparently it was supposed to be around $99?). Anyway, it seems that the dealer I went to get the car serviced didn't/don't wash cars after a service and when it came time to pick up my car, they had me wait 20mins just for the guy to type out my service invoice one key at a bloody time and talking about crap to his colleagues while they made me stand there and wait. Geez. Never taken this long anywhere else I've been to.
Zetec Dave is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2009, 11:33 PM   #70
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Makes me appreciate my awesome dealer so much more. You're not having a good run are you Zetec Dave, which is a shame because your new to the Ford family, no doubt your sick of this and will move on, which is a shame as they have so many great vehicles, just some really dealers ruin it for everyone...
Old 01-12-2009, 12:49 AM   #71
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

I've got 2050Km on my Fiesta now, do they change the oil and filter or is it optional? If they do, I'll bring in my own stuff then.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2009, 08:50 AM   #72
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It's optional to change the oil and filer. If you supply it they'll do it for free, if not they will charge you for the oil and filter. Some recommend leaving the oil in, some say change it. Up to you.
Old 01-12-2009, 10:32 AM   #73
Zetec Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapidTyphoon
Makes me appreciate my awesome dealer so much more. You're not having a good run are you Zetec Dave, which is a shame because your new to the Ford family, no doubt your sick of this and will move on, which is a shame as they have so many great vehicles, just some really dealers ruin it for everyone...
Yeah the crappy dealers are really ruining and tarnishing my first impressions of FORD but I'll see what happens. I may or may not move on as it depends on the type of cars they come out with in the future. Asides from the power and poor space, its by far the best handling and smoothest running car we've had so at least there's something positive about it.
Zetec Dave is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post