Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 18-11-2009, 07:13 PM   #1
b2tf
not here much anymore

Default Nickelback @ Rod Laver. Anybody else go?

Did anybody else go to the Nickelback concert last night? Thought it was fantastic myself, their music might be a bit 'mainstream' for some but still the show was awesome. Support act was absolutely terrible, luckily for us the people we were sitting next to actually got up and left after they finished, which suited us fine!

Old 18-11-2009, 07:23 PM   #2
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by b2tf
Did anybody else go to the Nickelback concert last night? Thought it was fantastic myself, their music might be a bit 'mainstream' for some but still the show was awesome. Support act was absolutely terrible, luckily for us the people we were sitting next to actually got up and left after they finished, which suited us fine!

I went on Monday Night, was an awesome show, Strange the "Sick Puppies" were great the night we went, obviously a metal Band growing up and turning into more Rock type music.

Nickelback were fantastic, if the Drum Solo was anything like what it was the night i went it was amazing.
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-11-2009, 07:28 PM   #3
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

I actually don't mind the Sick Puppies.

As Triple M as Nickelback is, I would have loved to see them live, I have a few of their live DVD's and they are excellent.

Oo\===/oO
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-11-2009, 07:32 PM   #4
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peuty
I actually don't mind the Sick Puppies.

As Triple M as Nickelback is, I would have loved to see them live, I have a few of their live DVD's and they are excellent.
Yeah ive downloaded a few Sick Puppies songs since (Oh i mean bought, i swear ) and i think they have potential.

Ive been a fan of Nickelback since about 01/02 so i had big expectations and they were not a let down.

Oh Austin i caught a Guitar pic (SP?) to, sucker
Old 18-11-2009, 07:35 PM   #5
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

It's a plectrum mate, a plectrum.

Oo\===/oO
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-11-2009, 08:22 PM   #6
b2tf
not here much anymore

It's a bloody PICK I tells ya, a PICK!

The Sick Puppies were crap on Tuesday, very ordinary and the lead singer obviously thought he was VERY special. They told everyone they were going out to the merch stand after their set and that they wanted everybody to go out and meet them, I think I counted 2 people that went?

The drum solo was AWESOME - did the whole thing where his platform lifted up and spun round etc, don't know how his arms didnt fall off some of the moves he was doing.

Jase, did you get hit by the T shirt cannon?
Old 18-11-2009, 10:36 PM   #7
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Quote:
It's a bloody PICK I tells ya, a PICK!

The Sick Puppies were crap on Tuesday, very ordinary and the lead singer obviously thought he was VERY special. They told everyone they were going out to the merch stand after their set and that they wanted everybody to go out and meet them, I think I counted 2 people that went?

The drum solo was AWESOME - did the whole thing where his platform lifted up and spun round etc, don't know how his arms didnt fall off some of the moves he was doing.

Jase, did you get hit by the T shirt cannon?
Nah mate not even close, and Plectrum it is Either way it's mine all mine :P

LOL The guy from Sick puppies said the same, but in like a respectfull sort of way and the crowd was 30-40m long.

He Must have had a mad hangover from Monday night on Tuesday :
Old 18-11-2009, 11:26 PM   #8
b2tf
not here much anymore

Whatever he had it made their music sound AWFUL. Couldnt understand a word he was saying, wrong notes, out of time, just generally rubbish.
Old 18-11-2009, 11:33 PM   #9
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

Really wanted to see Nickelback as they are one of my fav bands....but Jack has bought tickets to B52's instead at Rochford Winery on the 28th Nov.

Proclaimers and Mental As Anything are playing too. Should be great!
Old 18-11-2009, 11:43 PM   #10
GUTLES
Adam.

I went Monday night, didn't bother seeing Sick Puppies, drinking a few beers before Nickelback was much more fun

Fireworks we're cool, did anybody else crap themselves aswell when they first came on?

Drum solo was the highlight of the night, what a drummer, must of been stuffed after that.

Austin did Chad tell any jokes? Lol!

I've seen them back in 2004 & 2007 & there show was heaps better this time. Wish they'd play some of there older songs like Leader of Men tho.

2007 BF Mk2 Winter White E-Gas Wagon, 6 Seater.

2002 AU3 XR6, Liquid Silver, Manual, Sunroof, LPG, Rebel Kit, BA GTP's, Momo Steering Wheel & Gear Knob.
GUTLES is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-11-2009, 11:52 PM   #11
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUTLES
I went Monday night, didn't bother seeing Sick Puppies, drinking a few beers before Nickelback was much more fun

Fireworks we're cool, did anybody else crap themselves aswell when they first came on?

Drum solo was the highlight of the night, what a drummer, must of been stuffed after that.

Austin did Chad tell any jokes? Lol!

I've seen them back in 2004 & 2007 & there show was heaps better this time. Wish they'd play some of there older songs like Leader of Men tho.
Yes the fireworks caught us off guard too, we were just talking waiting for them then BANG.

Yeah Chad told a few jokes, they did the Aussie Aussie Aussie chant and he was telling everyone about how he did it for the first time.

Drum solo was awesome, I was hoping for a bass one but no good.

Was Timmy there on Monday night? TIMMY!
Old 19-11-2009, 12:13 AM   #12
GUTLES
Adam.

Yeah he loved the Aussie Aussie Aussie, oi oi oi..

Lol, he gave Timmy heaps too.

He didn't tell a joke about a guy wanting to go fishing? Was pretty funny hey Jason.

My ears are still ringing too, must be getting old!

2002 AU3 XR6, Liquid Silver, Manual, Sunroof, LPG, Rebel Kit, BA GTP's, Momo Steering Wheel & Gear Knob.
Old 19-11-2009, 09:48 AM   #13
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Quote:
Yeah he loved the Aussie Aussie Aussie, oi oi oi..

Lol, he gave Timmy heaps too.

He didn't tell a joke about a guy wanting to go fishing? Was pretty funny hey Jason.

My ears are still ringing too, must be getting old!
LOL the fishing joke was good value, i though the balence between Old & new was quite good..

Timmy.... Timmy..

Did you have a seat or were you hardcore and go standing room only like me, i was on the LHS of the stage right infrom of where they were doing the guitar Solos and firing the T-Shirt Cannon.
Old 19-11-2009, 12:55 PM   #14
onfire
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Any one going to Pearl Jam w/ Ben Harper tomoro night?

onfire is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-11-2009, 01:05 PM   #15
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by onfire
Any one going to Pearl Jam w/ Ben Harper tomoro night?
OH YEAH :sm_headba
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-11-2009, 01:54 PM   #16
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV8U
LOL the fishing joke was good value, i though the balence between Old & new was quite good..

Timmy.... Timmy..

Did you have a seat or were you hardcore and go standing room only like me, i was on the LHS of the stage right infrom of where they were doing the guitar Solos and firing the T-Shirt Cannon.
We had seats but we weren't too far away, I thought they were quite good cos we could see everything.
Old 19-11-2009, 02:30 PM   #17
XR8 Uterous
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member1

Wanted to go to Nickleback, had tickets but gave 'em away at last minute. Wish I hadn't of. Making up for it with Pearl Jam and Ben Harper Sunday night though! Then BDO next year and a couple of other things in between. Family in the music biz for free tickets is great!
XR8 Uterous is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-11-2009, 04:26 PM   #18
XR6FTW
Starter Motor

Quote:
I had a ticket for monday night to go with my girlfriend. However we broke up about a month ago and my ticket was given (against my wishes) to someone else. i should have gone anyway.
XR6FTW is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-11-2009, 11:04 PM   #19
GUTLES
Adam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV8U

Timmy.... Timmy..

I had a seat, in the centre in like the second section from the back, wasn't bad.

What was it like down in the standing area? Looked pretty packed but I imagine the attmosphere would of been better?

Spewing I didn't buy Pearl Jam Tickets. I hate myself at the moment. :

Old 20-11-2009, 06:31 PM   #20
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

I saw Nickelback in Sydney last week, and am also going to Pearl Jam on Sunday.

Saw Nickelback at the Triple M M1 concert years ago, but they didn't have any of the pyrotechnics.
I'm not a huge fan of theirs, but I have one of the live DVD's and knew they put on a good show, and I was not let down.

Chad gave Timmy heaps on Friday night too. I made it up onto the big screen during How You Remind Me. That was rather random. I wasn't doing anything of interest.
Not like the two half naked girls feeling each other up down the front.

Got a pretty decent video of "Animals" as well, which is posted on Youtube.

REALLY looking forward to Pearl Jam on Sunday. I've been dying to see them for years, but had no one to go with.
This time I did, and bought 2 tickets, but now the other person has changed their mind, so I'm back to going alone and trying to get rid of the other ticket.

I'm crossing my fingers and wishing really hard that they play "Black". My absolute favourite PJ song.
If they do, I could walk out of the venue afterwards, get hit by a bus, and die happy.
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-11-2009, 06:35 PM   #21
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Quote:
I had a seat, in the centre in like the second section from the back, wasn't bad.

What was it like down in the standing area? Looked pretty packed but I imagine the attmosphere would of been better?

Spewing I didn't buy Pearl Jam Tickets. I hate myself at the moment. :

Was Fantastic for atmophere down on the flood, but my legs we feeling it on the drive home.
Old 22-11-2009, 02:50 PM   #22
onfire
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Pearl Jam was awesome. Enough said.

Old 22-11-2009, 07:35 PM   #23
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by onfire
Pearl Jam was awesome. Enough said.
More awesome than awesome. Best concert ever.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-11-2009, 07:53 AM   #24
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

Melbourne got the best PJ show of the tour so far.
They played "Black" for you! I was desperately hoping they would do it last night in Sydney.
Eddie wasn't feeling too well, so we got a shorter set as well.
A few people on the way out were complaining they didn't play some of their bigger hits last night.
But over all I thought they were great.
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-11-2009, 08:28 AM   #25
Tom_Jane
Banned

Hostile crowd causes Nickleback to end concert after only 2 songs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7F3O...eature=related

I feel sorry for the audience. I would hate to have to put up with that aweful band too.
Tom_Jane is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-11-2009, 03:13 PM   #26
onfire
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My sister's friend went to Pearl Jam as well, she like my sister listens to house music and all that crap.. thats about it, and she said it was " hands down, the best concert ever "

Pearl Jam was just on fire the entire night, go to whoa it was awesome. A no frills event, they let their music and talent do the talking. No pyro, no insanely huge stages.. just rock and roll like it's meant to be. Like the guy behind me kept saying towards the end, PJ is a band " who gets it ".. gave 100%, showed the up most respect towards Ben Harper and Liam Finn.. Vedder sung ' Under pressure ' with Harper during his set, and both Harper and Finn joined PJ later in the night... Vedder came across as very humble and grateful.. I've got a great picture of the band with their backs towards the crowd, with Finn taking a photo of them with 40,000+ people in the background.

Old 24-11-2009, 03:18 PM   #27
onfire
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom_Jane
Hostile crowd causes Nickleback to end concert after only 2 songs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7F3O...eature=related

I feel sorry for the audience. I would hate to have to put up with that aweful band too.
First came Creed, then Nickelback.. theres only one Pearl Jam kids.