Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 18-03-2009, 08:18 PM   #31
Spanrz
Hmmmmmmm!!

I am now out of warranty on my aftermarket warranty.

But it's my own fault, but I didn't like it anyway, as there was many "outs" in the clauses that made it sound a good cause, but it wasn't when you really understand it.
(If I had a trans failure, what amount over a $1000, I had to pay that amount, but that only covered what was "in" the listing of parts only, no labour was costed in)

It was finished a year early as I didn't get it serviced in time. Though I did get it organised before xmas, it was then serviced early Jan. Wasn't the K's, just the time between services did it.

But the issue was/is, the fact they knew the car wasn't going to be covered, so they rang me up to book the car in, did that - thought nothing of it, got it serviced in Jan, then at the counter they try to sell me all these "extra" services. Like A/C clean ($120) etc etc.
Said no thanks.

1 week later I get an official letter explaing the "void" of warranty, due to the service not done in time.
The letter was drawn up and dated one week before the actual service, but they delayed the sending of it, till I had the service done. 1 week after the service, I got it.
(drawn up on the 2nd of Jan, didn't get the letter till about the 15th of Jan).

Got initially ****ed, because of the inept paperwork / communication skills.
But then I realised, they knew the car wouldn't get serviced again, so they tried to offer one big push, by getting as much money out of me as possible.
Said "no" to many of the convenience services. As I knew it was a suggestive sale, not what it really needed.

When I booked the car in, they made it sound like the car was still covered, even though they knew it wasn't.

Due to the failure of "Dandenong Mitsubishi" not telling me of the voided Warranty, before the service, The car will no longer be serviced at "Dandenong Mitsubishi".
Spanrz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2009, 12:12 AM   #32
john goldsworth
Starter Motor

Default elite warranty

Quote:
Originally Posted by COOGES
I just bought the wife a Ba Futura wagon and also purchased a 3 year Elite warranty. Has anyone heard of them?, it seems like a good deal and I wonder if there are any catches. :
i dont know why it is still called elite warranty for? they have been brought out by a company called national securites based in tralgon.i am a customer of theres that has lost $1500 with them read the fine print if i were you i would go somewhere else. :
john goldsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2009, 12:21 AM   #33
Valid8
COOGES

Quote:
Originally Posted by john goldsworth
i dont know why it is still called elite warranty for? they have been brought out by a company called national securites based in tralgon.i am a customer of theres that has lost $1500 with them read the fine print if i were you i would go somewhere else. :
Luckily I have since traded in the futura ( its at Cranbourne Hyundai if anybody wants to buy a futura wagon ) I noticed in the fine print that there is an excess payable on claims, so it seems more like an insurance than a warranty.
Valid8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post