Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 02-11-2009, 06:46 PM   #31
T3man
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie200
IN N.S.W your receipt number and paid date is printed on your rego label,so it cant be stuck on till its paid.
Seem strange that you guys dont do that as you said it would be a pain for the police to check.
NO, not if you pay online - there is nothing on the label to verify that the car is registered and it can only be checked by the police onboard computer.

Elks> exactly right. Why should we motorists pay for the cost of printing an irrelevant item? Oh that's right; because we are dumb enough to accept being bent over by the RTA and, as a group, we don't have a "voice" and therefore no power at election time.
T3man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-11-2009, 07:50 PM   #32
charlie200
please insert coins

Deleted... already answered.

Last edited by charlie200; 02-11-2009 at 08:03 PM.
charlie200 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-11-2009, 11:01 PM   #33
bluestreak
Atmo-6 CruiseMissilePilot

Location: Beechboro WA or in a deep dark hole in the desert...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucknaked
Here in Canberra they have plate recognition software. They point the gun at you, take a reading of your plate, check it against the database, and send an alert to the officer if the car is unregistered or stolen etc etc. They then pull you over. So it doesn't matter whether you have a label, they can still tell. But you have to display the sticker, or you pay a fine.
Yep, they've got that software just about everywhere now, I'm pretty sure that cop bashed in Vic for pulling someone over was using it. You'd think it would be easy enough for all jurisdictions to stop using the stickers. How much money would they save? The only place they'd lose out is that there's one less thing to ping you for when they pull you over, but the way things are going they'll easily create more things to fill up the void. eg suspension mods in NSW, exhaust system mods in WA.

Cheers

Mildly modified BF XR6 (Mine - for now)
Luxurious BFII Fairmont Ghia (Hers)
4x4 PX XLT Ranger (As soon as it gets here!!)

Ladies - if a man says he'll do a job, he will do it. There's no need to hassle him about it every six months or so...
bluestreak is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-11-2009, 11:33 PM   #34
SilentDave

there is a quote in that Age article on VicRoads that it will cost $2mill for dual mailouts. How much do the Vic Govt spend on junk mailouts and adverts....
Old 04-11-2009, 02:08 PM   #35
MustangNut

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie200
IN N.S.W your receipt number and paid date is printed on your rego label,so it cant be stuck on till its paid.
Seem strange that you guys dont do that as you said it would be a pain for the police to check.
I pay my rego online and you only need to record the receipt number on the rego certificate, not the sticker - In NSW.
MustangNut is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2009, 02:14 PM   #36
MustangNut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geez Louise
I was talking to a friend the other day discussing rego stickers as mine was coming off (as they do) and he was saying that he has heard that the govt is thinking of trialing a new registration tag that sits on your license plate and can be read similar to an etag.

Has anyone else heard this?
The yanks have been doing this for decades. Years back when I brought a Mustang into Oz the California plates had a little sticker with the tax year on it that placed in the centre of the plate where we have the hyphen.
MustangNut is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-11-2009, 09:37 AM   #37
zdcol71
zdcol71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty85
At least if you show the cop that pulled you over the receipt saying youve paid it and are just waiting on the sticker they generally let you off....
Not sure what you would be doing wrong for them to "let you off", let alone "generally " There's no offence if you are paid up with rego and waiting on the sticker if you are carrying the reciept.
QLD at least, and the sticker must be lower LH front windscreen, or curb side fixed window.