Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 21-09-2009, 10:09 AM   #1
King Nothing
He has, the Knack..

Thumbs up A Pleasant Surpise

On the way to work this morning, driving on the F6, I saw ahead of me the not uncommon sight of the blue and reds flashing away. "Ah" I thought, "another poor soul with a fine to pay". Cops often sit on this road and seeing someone pulled over, officer at the window is an almost weekly sight. I've seen them hide in behind bushes on motorbikes, or hiding down entry roads with their radars ready to catch the unwary or irresponsible motorist.

As I approached, there was something amiss. Both the driver and officer were out of the car, crouched on the ground. Once I got closer, it was obvious. The car had a flat, and the officer had pulled over to help and was changing the spare over for a middle aged woman. What a great sight!

Police sometimes get a battering on this (and other) forums, either due to catching people for speeding, not chasing "real" criminals, or booking people for the good ol' "sustained loss of traction" . Often we forget the service that these men and women provide, the abuse they cop, and the thankless tasks they complete.

So to all our officers (even those that may be reading this! : ), thank you for putting yourselves out there every day to help protect our community!

Workhorse, stock as a rock

2004 BA MKI Futura - Now the wife's

For Show: 18" Kaotic Shadow Chrome, King SL all round, Cadence Amp, Kenwood 12" Sub, JL Audio 5x7's, Scuff Plates, MP3 Connector

For Go: SVI LPG, K&N Filter, F6 CAI, XR6T snorkle, XR8 catback, Magnaflow metal cat, Pacemaker headers, Underdrive, Thermostat, Custom tune, DBA4000

Now with baby seat and toys

175.6 rwkw

www.bseries.com.au/King_Nothing
King Nothing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-09-2009, 10:18 AM   #2
Lukeyson
Right out sideways

that is good to see
Old 21-09-2009, 10:26 AM   #3
Jack91
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Saw a similar thing on the highway down here a few weeks ago, except he was jump starting another car.
Jack91 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-09-2009, 11:46 AM   #4
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Cops are Tops.

Quote:
Powered by GE
ltd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-09-2009, 12:13 PM   #5
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always adding valued comments,  never involved in any disputes. A credit to this forum. 

Cops FTW
gcg2503 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-09-2009, 07:04 PM   #6
TUF_302
The Vengeful One
Donating Member1

There are good cops out there, its just the idiotic ones we always here of, good to hear about a nice one for a change!
Old 21-09-2009, 07:24 PM   #7
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What a great story, nice to hear .. good on the Police Officer for stopping and helping her out, ... sad thing is though, I wonder how many fit and able bodied blokes just drove on past before this Officer finally stopped to assist?

I think the Police have got one hell of a job today putting up with all the lowest of the low scumbags in our society .. not a job I'd want to carry out every day.
robjh80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-09-2009, 09:59 AM   #8
ltd
Force Fed Fords

All the cops I've ever met or known have been really great people and very compassionate towards the public.
A few years ago my sister was driving my mother and younger brother along the M5 when she was run into by another car. Both cars ended up in the big grass median. Long story short, the car was towed and I had to battle the M5 westbound in peak hour traffic to pick them up. Instead of leaving them there or at the side of the road to wait for me the police man drove them to a local cafe so they could relax with a cup of tea until I could pick them up. It gave my younger brother the biggest thrill of his life riding in the front of a cop car, and the officer even let him put the siren on for a little while.
As a result, I wrote a letter to the superintendant thanking this officer for his professionalism, care and thoughtfulness.

Now, I realise that this is only one goodwill story but believe me, this kind of empathy on behalf of the police happens every day. It's all too easy to sit back and point the finger at the police because they catch you doing a burnout; you have to see it from their perspective. Police regularly see the behaviour of young hoon drivers gone wrong, and all too often they're the ones who have to do the doorknock at 2 in the morning informing the next of kin of the aforementioneed hoons early demise. It is not a job for a weak person or someone who is a little egomaniac on a powertrip; it is a tough job that requires a lot of character, especially since they are all too often exposed to the lowest vermin imaginable.
Nup, I'm definately pro-police.

Quote: