Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 14-09-2009, 10:27 PM   #31
onfire
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

To say it changed my world is an understatement, I was part of a generation that didn't know war or a horrific event of this size or the reasons behind it. I started looking at the world very differently from that day.
onfire is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-09-2009, 10:36 PM   #32
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It was quite an epic day in history, what exactly happened I don't think we will ever know since there are some rather large holes in the official story. But either way no matter how it came about and who did what alot of innocent people died.

I was in Mexico at the time and I can tell you getting back into the states and getting home again afterwards was quite a mission
greenfoam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-09-2009, 10:41 PM   #33
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

Good responses guys, keeping it civil. My cousin jaime called us that day to inform us he was ok, as was the rest of our overseas family. His mother worked a block from the WTC and we worried about them until that call.
The smell of death was apparently evident for many days after the attack, it caused much distress for all those searching. My own thoughts the last few days have been with the children orphaned, volunteers not sleeping or eating for days to help, widows, widowers, the injured, those who lost loved ones, those that died..
Thankyou for the show of support guys, this is one thing that happened in the world that really affected me even though it hardly concerned me..
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Iggypoppin' is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-09-2009, 09:35 AM   #34
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

8th Anniversary of what I think is a huge conspiracy.

1994 ED XR6T - Cobalt Blue.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Keep your stinking family to yourself god damn it.
XR6_661 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-09-2009, 09:24 PM   #35
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

It did happen though, people did die and THAT is what we are remembering(regardless of whether or not it was conspired, planned etc) political propaganda or speculation is not why I started this thread.. Only to remember those passed away..
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Iggypoppin' is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-09-2009, 03:01 PM   #36
T3ts50
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I remember falling asleep with the TV on in my room. It was weird cause I could here the TV while I was sleeping and thought it was just a dream. I woke up at around 2:30 in the morning and turned the TV right up. My dad came into the room to see why I have the TV on so loud, then he went to the living room to watch. I was up for the rest of the night watching the footage until around 12:00 the next day when I had to go to class.

As everyone has stated, cant believe it has already been 8 years.
T3ts50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post