Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 04-09-2009, 12:12 AM   #1
TK4ORD

Default Central Locking issue in AU2 XR6

Hi, my central locking will lock every door except the passangers front door,
has any one had this issue?
or would someone be able to give me some advice on how to fix it? please

TK4ORD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-09-2009, 12:19 AM   #2
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Do a search on "door actuator" - you'll be surprised how many threads there are on this. Essentially, one of 2 things has happened; 1) the plastic worm gear inside the actuator has snapped, or 2) the motor inside the actuator has burned out. 1) is the more likely scenario.

Here's some search results I prepared earlier:

http://www.fordforums.com.au/search....archid=3795908
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-09-2009, 04:14 PM   #3
XR Davo

I've just ordered a reconditioned actuator from a guy on ebay after reading the threads on here. ($75 incld postage). I've had the same problem with my drivers door and been locking the doors with the key. Funny thing is in the last couple of days I've discovered key is only locking drivers door and other 3 doors stay unlocked. So hoping the new actuator will actually fix the problem -
not so sure now. All door lock motors seem to be sounding when I use the remote. Let you know how I go once actuator is installed. I Had some work done on the car and battery was disconnected for a while so am thinking it could be body control module issue? used:
XR Davo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-09-2009, 05:44 PM   #4
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR Davo
I've just ordered a reconditioned actuator from a guy on ebay after reading the threads on here. ($75 incld postage).
I've bought two from him over the last couple of years. He's good as well as being quick.

The first one I bought two years ago, for the drivers side, is still going strong.
Old 14-09-2009, 01:33 PM   #5
XR Davo

I ended up needing RH front and RH rear locks. Installed the RH front yesterday and it's now working perfect. Gee it's a fiddly job getting the door handle cable and push rods disconnected inside the door. Will get the RH rear in later this week should be a bit easier hopefully.
XR Davo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post