Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 13-08-2009, 05:27 PM   #1
kyro_02
V8 wannaabeee

Default can cops send out a roadworthy inspection notice?

Hi, this is for VIC.. I was pulled over for turning in a street that had a sign (which i didn't notice, ever) which said the times you're not allowed to turn left into, he said i _MAY_ get a letter in the mail for a roadworthy to be done, plus gave me a $123 ticket, i lost my job some what 2 months ago, and i told him this, i am fixing my car to keep it roadworthy, but of course still trying it to get to places.

he was a nice guy, and asked me for my number to forward to his mate if a job comes up in the industry that I use to work in. so that was great

so in short, is it still possible to get a rw in the mail? people are saying if you didnt get it on the spot, you wont get it

cheers!
been stressed all day, i dont have a job i dont mind paying the fine, which i deserve.
damn wouldn't wanna go bankrupt, and im only 24! with only a $8,000 loan to pay

Last edited by kyro_02; 13-08-2009 at 05:36 PM.
kyro_02 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2009, 05:32 PM   #2
ratman
krunch krunch hsv 4 lunch

Not sure about in Vic mate but my brother had it done to him here in Canberra. They sent it in the mail and I had to take it over the pits for him - not pleasant even though he had raised the car a touch and added another muffler.
ratman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2009, 05:42 PM   #3
74_XB_Ute
See..Everybody Loves Ford

Unless its sent registered you can always say that you never got it. Exactly the same as a court summons. So if they r planning on mailing it to you unless its registered...do nothing.
74_XB_Ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2009, 05:58 PM   #4
Tuddy200
Reaching for 200...

I would have thought that's what defect notices are for?

ie. If they suspect something isn't roadworthy then they issue the defect notice. It's then your responibility to have it checked then cleared by VicRoads etc.

I have heard that if they, again, suspect more then 3 things ain't roadworthy then they issue defect notices for everything but the car must have another complete roadworthy before being cleared by VicRoads. I have only heard this happening to a few smartass youngins who cruise in thier VN/VTs with virtually no springs, no muffluers, Red/Blue LED's front and back, no tread left on wheels etc so it's very unlikily you'll recieve anything as if your attitude is right and friendly they just use it as a small nudge type warning.

04' BA XR6 - Blueprint - 6 Speed with Rip Shift - HD Clutch
2.5"/BFGT Exhaust System with Quad Tips - 4490's Extractors
19" ROH Flares - 20% Underdrives - Interior Colour Coded - Sunroof - BOSS Bonnet
Stage 2 Crow Cam's - Crow Cam's Valve Springs - BPR Airbox
M86 LSD Diff with 4.1s - Upgraded Brakes with Slotted DBA 4000's
Leather Interior - Rear Power Windows

Projects Underway: Sound System
Tuddy200 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2009, 06:03 PM   #5
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 74_XB_Ute
Unless its sent registered you can always say that you never got it. Exactly the same as a court summons. So if they r planning on mailing it to you unless its registered...do nothing.
That doesn't work unfortunately ...... if it did all speed camera fines could be ignored. If you do nothing .... the letters get a little bit more demanding and expensive.

IIRC ..... you can be done in the post but if he was a good bloke he might decide not to lodge it. You will get it fairly quickly to put you out of your misery if he does go through with it. Don't need to be pulled over for RWC, just a letter sent asking for it to be checked ..... at your expense and if no probs your still out of pocket which is a bummer.

| [/url] |

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Auslandau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2009, 09:33 PM   #6
gocruzin
Ford tragic

They do the same with those polution letters I got one for a truck of mine said a copper saw it blow smoke for more than 10 seconds......It's a DIESEL an old one at that they are suposed to blow smoke.
Still had to take it to Vicroads the bloke told me to rev it cleared the ticket and told me to go. Waste of time
Hope you dont get the letter or if you do let it be a vicroads bloke who doesn't care.
Old 13-08-2009, 09:52 PM   #7
xygt01
XY GT (ROD)

i hav never herd of this in vic as fair as i no if they think its not road worthy the defect it
Old 13-08-2009, 10:34 PM   #8
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

A simple report will get you a notice.

Can the keyboard internet lawyers come experts zip it .
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-08-2009, 12:52 PM   #9
jonk

Quote:
Originally Posted by gocruzin
They do the same with those polution letters I got one for a truck of mine said a copper saw it blow smoke for more than 10 seconds......It's a DIESEL an old one at that they are suposed to blow smoke.
Still had to take it to Vicroads the bloke told me to rev it cleared the ticket and told me to go. Waste of time
Hope you dont get the letter or if you do let it be a vicroads bloke who doesn't care.
Age & blowing smoke don't go together. It's dirty injectors that cause smoke in diesels, caused by slack servicing... not age.

A Scania got taken over the pits at Regency Park, no prob except it had no muffler. Year later, same inspector, same Scania and next thing he's pinged for 'no muffler'. "But last time you passed it without one ?" So I'd hardly say the inspectors know too much...
jonk is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post