Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 14-08-2005, 02:26 PM   #1
sfr rob
○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○ ○○○○○

Default safe way to remove stuff

hey i need to know how to remove the side strips (plastic door banging things hehehe) off the doors, and how to pull the mirror covers off without breaking them!!!

i cant find a THING about it when i search... but i found out how to move the bloody rear view mirror in the car... cause i am tall i cant see properly because it blocks my view ALL the time....
hmmm... any way back on topic....

can somone give me some ti[ps on how to pull this stuff off to get painted without breaking it!?!?!

thanks
ROB

sfr rob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-08-2005, 02:37 PM   #2
Racecraft
they call me Tibbo

use fishing line under the door moulds to get a corner up, then just pull them straight off

I take the whole mirror into the paint shop, get them to mask off the bits I dont want and paint the rest.. You can pop the cover off if you want, but i find it never goes back on as flush as it came off... Take the complete assembly off and pry the cover from the bottom until it pops off.. Do it from the bottom so when you put it back on any screwdriver marks or stretching are on the underside

Racecraft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-08-2005, 03:38 PM   #3
GlennBA
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Can't they paint the side moulds on the car?
GlennBA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-08-2005, 05:10 PM   #4
sfr rob
○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○ ○○○○○

hey guys... ok i sorted it all out....

I lifted the corners of the side moulds with a flat head screw driver then just pulled it off with my fingers not to break it in half when taking it off.

i was looking at my mirrors and i remembered reading somewhere that you can pop them off...
so i moved the mirror and popped out the clips and she came off EASY!

so thanks guys.

wish there was a DELETE thread option!? :
sfr rob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post