Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 01-06-2009, 04:42 PM   #1
351hardtop
Wahoo

Default Engine light reset?

Hi all,
Recently bought an 04 Fiesta - great little car but the engine light keeps coming on (constant, not flashing). Had an O2 sensor replaced that fixed it for a few days, Ford seem to be guessing that it's the cat converter now.

While I'm preparing to rob a bank to pay for that, does anyone know how to turn the warning light off? I've tried disconnecting the battery for a while, that didn't help.

351hardtop is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-06-2009, 12:57 AM   #2
LethalLeigh
Get in the van!

Have they reset or reflashed the ECU? I had an issue with the engine light at one point and it turned out it was an error pertaining to a flat battery. I'm a little surprised that you'd be needing a new cat already...
Old 02-06-2009, 08:03 AM   #3
Twinpiston
Finally rollin on 20's

How many k's on it?

I would go to an exhaust place to get the cat changed. May as well get a little cat back system to help it along the way!!!
K&N, F6 Snorkel, Debung, 20" Enix Turbine in Gunmetal, 7 seat rear springs.
Twinpiston is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-06-2009, 01:28 AM   #4
351hardtop
Wahoo

Thanks for the replies,

LethalLeigh I'm not sure about the ECU, they didn't really offer any help other than to say it was going to be very expensive, I suppose that's what you get for a free diagnosis. Having not been through this with any car before, I didn't know what to get them to do. I'm taking it somewhere else for a second opinion (I'll pay for this one) and really try to get it investigated rather than accept whatever code it decides to throw up. I agree, the cat shouldn't be giving up this early, Ford dealer said they hadn't even replaced one in a Fiesta yet.

Twinpiston it's done just over 76,000ks .

Something just doesn't ring true and hopefully I'll get to the bottom of it - I'll post here for everyone's info if I do get it sorted.

Thanks again,
Rick.
351hardtop is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post