Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 17-05-2009, 06:09 PM   #1
jweb
radio off =save petrol :P

Default Lsd?

been searching briefly and cannot find an answer.Does the Xr5 turbo have an LSD?,i was pretty sure it didn't but am not so sure now.Any definitive yes or no would be much appreciated.Thinking of purchasing and LV xr5t,or waiting for the next gen.

Old 17-05-2009, 07:47 PM   #2
FOCUSonTHIS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

No the XR5 Turbo doesn't have a LSD. However the new Focus RS does....but no chance of getting that in Aus anytime soon

2002 AUIII XR6
1995 EF Falcon XR6
2003 LR Focus Zetec
1989 KE Laser TX3
FOCUSonTHIS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2009, 09:05 PM   #3
WILDB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Don't let the fact that it doesn't have a LSD deter you - the LV XR5 is a fantastic car. I've had mine almost 2 months and I've love it. Handling, performance, features - everything about it is great. :

Have you test driven one?

If not, go and have a proper test drive and I bet that you will love it.

Also - check out the forum on fordxr5turbo.com if you haven't already - tons of info about them.
WILDB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2009, 11:45 PM   #4
melbzetec
Old enough to know better

I assume you could get a Quaife torque sensing diff for the XR5 turbo gear box???
Mods: Ford Racing CNC'd cylinder head milled .040", 3 angle valve grind. Ford Racing Stage II camshafts. Ford Racing cam gears. Ford Racing long tube header. Random Technology hi flow cat. Herrod 2.25" stainless cat-back. Pipercross Viper intake. CFM 65mm throttle body. 2000 ported intake manifold. Herrod Custom SCT tune. Eibach suspension. Quaife ATB diff. Wilwood 13" brakes. Custom ST170 leather interior.
www.cardomain.com/ride/2773918

melbzetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2009, 09:48 AM   #5
jweb
radio off =save petrol :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDB
Don't let the fact that it doesn't have a LSD deter you - the LV XR5 is a fantastic car. I've had mine almost 2 months and I've love it. Handling, performance, features - everything about it is great. :

Have you test driven one?

If not, go and have a proper test drive and I bet that you will love it.

Also - check out the forum on fordxr5turbo.com if you haven't already - tons of info about them.
No haven't driven one,booked in for next week.Will see how it goes,cannot believe ford haven't added an LSD tho.I am selling my Prelude with ATTS,which i used mainly as a weekend car,and i must say the ATTS system really makes the car a lot of fun.
Do you find in near limit cornering that it under steers alot?.
Old 18-05-2009, 02:45 PM   #6
Tj-zetec
Knows nothing. Apparently

I haven't found an unacceptable amount of under steer.... Yet. It'll torque steer like any front wheel drive car if you stomp on the loud pedal too hard mid corner but that's to be expected.

I suspect the reason they left an LSD off the car is probably the same reason why it doesn't have climate control or cruise and that's to keep the asking price down. It's a lot cheaper than an MPS mazda or GTI golf. Plus it'll out gun the dack-dack without a fuss and it will make it around a corner and won't lunch itself like an MPS

And yes Steve you can get an after Market diff for then but you'll have to talk to the boys over on fordxr5turbo.com about that. I'm pretty sure a few have done it. Bit too much outlay for a street car although that ideal is a bit lost on you, huh mate?

1975 Mitsubishi/Chrysler GC Galant 2-door Hardtop. 4G63 DOHC heart transplant nearly complete!
Check out the build over here
Tj-zetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2009, 07:13 PM   #7
melbzetec

Settle!!!! LOL

I have a quaife diff siting the garage that I picked up for about $300.

Do I spend too much money on my car? Yes
Am I made of money? NO

I do look for bargains, and spend judiciously over time
Mods: Ford Racing CNC'd cylinder head milled .040", 3 angle valve grind. Ford Racing Stage II camshafts. Ford Racing cam gears. Ford Racing long tube header. Random Technology hi flow cat. Herrod 2.25" stainless cat-back. Pipercross Viper intake. CFM 65mm throttle body. 2000 ported intake manifold. Herrod Custom SCT tune. Eibach suspension. Quaife ATB diff. Wilwood 13" brakes. Custom ST170 leather interior.

Old 18-05-2009, 07:35 PM   #8
Tj-zetec
Knows nothing. Apparently

However you justify it to yourself mate. :hihi:

1975 Mitsubishi/Chrysler GC Galant 2-door Hardtop. 4G63 DOHC heart transplant nearly complete!
Check out the build over here
Tj-zetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2009, 06:23 AM   #9
melbzetec

Cheeky bugger :