Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 24-04-2009, 06:04 PM   #1
Lanyi

Default Need a new dash cluster

Hi everyone,

I have a big problem at the moment. My dash circuit board is in half from me accidently driving a screw driver through it :togo: . I have done the cursing and the threatening, now its time to do something about it.

I remember someone saying that it is possible to get a new one from Ford. Cost wise, what can I do? I need the cluster to drive the car. What I was hoping for was possibly a part number and maybe even a price estimate on the enitre cluster?

The weekend is coming up and my local Ford has closed for the day - otherwise I would be checking with them first. I was hoping to be ready with a part number and payment for monday so that I can start using my car as soon as possible.

My car is a Focus Zetec 06 model. Any help would definitely make my day! Thanks in advance.

Lanyi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2009, 10:44 PM   #2
DragonMesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJO89
Gonna want to hope you haven't. ~$750 +GST for a replacement, then the programming fee from Ford. I enquired one day as to the cost of a new one, knocked on my a.. with the answer!!
Pretty hard to break though.

thats from another post on changing the LED colour of ya dash
DragonMesh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2009, 02:09 AM   #3
BlackLS
yum

Ouch, I think you misunderstood the driver part of screwdriver :(

Post a pic of what happened. You may be able to get one from a wrecker and just have that programmed by Ford, although not sure that can be done.

BlackLS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2009, 01:57 PM   #4
auMatt
ORSM Ford Cruisers

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Matt's valued contributions in the technical area associated with AU/BA/BF & Terri instrument clusters & ICC's is considered the authoritative guide to work by members in this are of expertise. His contributions stand alone in the forum in this technical  

Id be more concerned about why you needed to use so much force on a delicate piece of electronics that you could break it in half

Contact me for all your Cluster Programming/Repairs & Window switch/ICC colour change for BA/BF/FG Falcons & Territory. Visit my SITE for info.

I Use and Recommend :
Ferntree Gully Auto Salvage
AutoWorks - Keilor
RIP Craig
RIP Samantha
auMatt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post