Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 14-03-2009, 06:13 PM   #1
Grimezy888
Starter Motor

Default My dash instuments don't turn on.

So today I started my 03 Focus, and all is fine until I get half way down the street and notice that none of my instruments are on.

No Speedo, Tacho, Fuel, nothing.

The car started and all, just nothing coming from my Intruments.

Grimezy888 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-03-2009, 06:30 PM   #2
melbzetec
Old enough to know better

You'll probably find they'll flick back on, but it is a common fault, and really no known cure except for an extremely expensive instrument cluster replacement
Mods: Ford Racing CNC'd cylinder head milled .040", 3 angle valve grind. Ford Racing Stage II camshafts. Ford Racing cam gears. Ford Racing long tube header. Random Technology hi flow cat. Herrod 2.25" stainless cat-back. Pipercross Viper intake. CFM 65mm throttle body. 2000 ported intake manifold. Herrod Custom SCT tune. Eibach suspension. Quaife ATB diff. Wilwood 13" brakes. Custom ST170 leather interior.
www.cardomain.com/ride/2773918

melbzetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-03-2009, 11:53 PM   #3
Grimezy888
Starter Motor

I'm hoping it will fix itself, like you said an expensive replacement. Done a bit of surfing on the net and heard that it could cost up to $1000. :
Grimezy888 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-03-2009, 11:35 AM   #4
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

Quote: "it could cost up to $1000".

Sorry to hear about your problem. Same thing with mine atm and I've also been quoted around the same price for a replacement.

Apart from the Instrument Cluster failure, I'd assume you're happy with your Focus?

Exterior Enhancements: ST170 Wheels, Richbrook Shorty Aerial, Euro-Spec Hatch Handle.

Performance Enhancements: Ate Callipers/EBC Rotors/EBC Greens Stuff Pads, ST170 Suspension, Herrod's Custom Tune, Ford Racing Coated Exhaust Manifold & Bespoke 2.25in Exhaust.

Awards: AFD '07 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '09 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '10 RSOC O/all Best Focus, AFD '10 CFC O/all Best Focus.
Fast Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-03-2009, 01:48 PM   #5
FOCUSonTHIS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Could you look at getting a 2nd hand cluster from a wrecker and installing it yourself. Someone should have a service manual around to help fellow forum members out with how to change over the cluster.

2002 AUIII XR6
1995 EF Falcon XR6
2003 LR Focus Zetec
1989 KE Laser TX3
FOCUSonTHIS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-03-2009, 05:30 PM   #6
melbzetec
Old enough to know better

Cluster is really easy to remove and change. I've got a Haynes manual and Ford manual should anyone need info
Mods: Ford Racing CNC'd cylinder head milled .040", 3 angle valve grind. Ford Racing Stage II camshafts. Ford Racing cam gears. Ford Racing long tube header. Random Technology hi flow cat. Herrod 2.25" stainless cat-back. Pipercross Viper intake. CFM 65mm throttle body. 2000 ported intake manifold. Herrod Custom SCT tune. Eibach suspension. Quaife ATB diff. Wilwood 13" brakes. Custom ST170 leather interior.
www.cardomain.com/ride/2773918

melbzetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post