Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 07-11-2008, 05:47 PM   #1
TEKILA
formerly AU_bullet

Default i think i have come to a decision...

Hi guys,

As the thread title suggests, it think i have come to a decision on what wheels i want for my car

After looking around all day today, and all over Melbourne and being told that only this or that will fit; wheels that i dont like mind you, iv come to the decision that it will either be one of these wheels

i like these from BSA wheels in blackburn (AU racing AU378 20x8.5)
http://www.bsawheels.com.au/users/Pr...il.aspx?id=425

or these from donnellans in box hill (konig netz 20x8.5)
http://www.thezstore.com/store/graph...51129black.jpg
(yes, they are 4 stud here, but the wheels supplied are 5 stud)

now the wheels from donnellans have to be re-drilled, where as the wheels from BSA are blank and can be drilled.
i walked into the warehouse in blackburn to have a look at the wheels by BSA and noticed on the box that they all come drilled to how you want them
ie. PCD = blank

out of these two wheels, what do you think would look better?
im swaying way more toward the BSA wheel, as i saw one there are it looks pretty much exactly what i want, how ever it was hyper black (gun metal grey) and i want it in black.

by the way, what offset do i need? 40?
5x108 pcd 20x8.5 sound right?

the guy i spoke too didn't sound quite confident what offset or whether the 20x8.5 would fit

could i get some confirmation that these will fit?
the car they will be going on to is below

TEKILA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2008, 06:31 PM   #2
FESTEC

I would go the second one, looks much nicer. You will need a offset of about 45 or higher to be safe, and I would say a 8.5 offset may be to big especially if you are going to lower it.
ZETEC20 that used to be on here had 20x7.5 BSA and he lowered his with kings super lows and had no issues except he need to get a camber kit for the rear.
FESTEC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2008, 06:42 PM   #3
TEKILA
formerly AU_bullet

well i would be looking to lower it, so in saying that would i need to look at something like 7.5-8?
can any one confirm that 8.5 would be too big?
Old 07-11-2008, 07:03 PM   #4
819_FLY

im looking at rollin on 20's but the wheel merchants up here are hopeless and have no constructive advice, just a matter of finding the right wheels and then finding a supplier to get them through....

Check out 819FLY!!
819_FLY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2008, 07:03 PM   #5
TEKILA
formerly AU_bullet

i think il go with the second ones.
konig netz in 19" they are
i figured that if i will lower it, they will look good, provide a better ride, and be more realistic as opposed to 20"
got quoted $3330 with hancook tyres
thats $529 per wheel plus tyres

i will ring around for quotes, is any one in the industry that can help me out?
Old 07-11-2008, 07:55 PM   #6
Mullett
Badly Focused

19s is a much better idea, to my mind anyway. Personally I wouldn't go bigger than 18s, but I'd definitly call 20s over the top. Big, heavy and they look too big on the car anyways :P 8.5s would make them far too wide, you'd have major issues with clearance I think. Also, legally you can only go to 2inches taller than the biggest standard rim (so 19s for a Focus, I think an XR5 is classed as a seperate model, so you could put 20s on there if the clearance was right...anyone want to correct me on that?)

-RM.

93 GSR/Evo3...too much to mention, 12.2sec 1/4, FOR SALE!

*Maybe we don't try putting holes in things that sink, yeah?*
Mullett is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2008, 07:59 PM   #7
TEKILA
formerly AU_bullet

would 19x8 fit?
45 offset?
Old 08-11-2008, 10:48 AM   #8
FESTEC

19x8 with a 45 offset will be fine , lowering it with super lows will still see you needing to get your gaurds rolled and also you may need to get the rear camber bolt as I think it will toe out to much. But 19's are a much better option.
FESTEC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post