Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 08-02-2008, 01:06 AM   #1
MarkIV

Default Disgusting!!

Spotted tonight - a blue Fiesta with silver stripes - but no as I got closer it was a Yaris with an exact copy of a Fiesta's stripes. Made me wanna vom!

I hate wannabees!

MarkIV is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2008, 09:49 AM   #2
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

LOL.......yea Iv'e seen a couple of "Wannabees" around, a Yaris, new model Barina and a Hyundai Getz the other day complete with Cannon Exhaust and shopping list stickers down the front guards, young guy driving it, OMG it looked absolutely ridiculous.
robjh80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2008, 09:50 AM   #3
WindsorXR
FGII XR6, Focus Sport, XR

Oh,but racing stripes make the car so much faster!!

2011 Purple FGII XR6
2016 LZ Focus Sport

BA XR8 Build Thread (SOLD)
1966 XR Falcon Build Thread
WindsorXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2008, 11:59 AM   #4
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

The Suzuki Swift would have to be the most common copy I've seen of a Fiesta's stripes.

Just head to Bathurst and you'd know what I mean - the dealer out there must be giving away stripes for free. You'll see them everywhere you look!

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2008, 04:27 PM   #5
Go baby Go
Like no other..........

There's a Mazda 3 that has driven along my street a few times with the Fez stripes and big exhaust. Ohh... the THE worst bling wheels you had ever seen.

A recent study found the average Australian walks about 900 miles a year.
Another study found Australians drink, on average, 22 gallons of alcohol a year.
That means, on average, Australians get about 41 miles to the gallon.

Kind of makes you proud to be an aussie.
Go baby Go is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2008, 05:40 PM   #6
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You know what looks like a Fiesta from far away? Citroen C2.
Ives is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2008, 09:59 AM   #7
scooby

I just got back from a road trip around Thailand. Saw HEAPS of Yaris' with Fez style stripes and full on boy ricer body kits, lowered, phat exhausts etc. etc. This was a constant source of amusement for me....I did not see even one Fiesta over there, saw a few Focus ( Foci ?) though.
scooby is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2008, 11:58 AM   #8
Kariharnett
Lil Henry

One of my friends bought the same fez as mine panther black 5 door lx and she got orange stripes put on it with a huge tiger on the bonnet leaping out as she is a west tigers fan looks great. but i really think it should only be the XR's that can get stripes makes them more special
Kariharnett is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2008, 12:32 PM   #9
Adsy01

Meh, I don't get what the fuss is about.
Yes it's a little me too, but it's not like the XR-4 "owns" the idea of stripes in the first place.

Ford Shelby Cobra, Falcon Cobra or a Dodge Viper ring any bells?
infact just about anything that raced in the late '60s had some sort of stripes on it and they were all much tougher cars than any of our fez's.

Elbach Lowered Coils - Rear sway bar - 12.5mm Axle Spacers - Rear disc brake conversion - 16" MP3 Rims
Tinted windows - Tinted Headlight surrounds - Clear side indicators- Phillips Xenon lighting - Colour Coded - ST Rear Spoiler - Smooth Rear Wiper - Ford leather gear knob & boot – Zetec S Sill Covers & Steering wheel - Leather centre armrest - Pioneer USB/CD player - JL Audio 4ch Amp, subwoofer & splits - Short aerial

The most "Standard" car I've ever owned!
Adsy01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2008, 09:25 AM   #10
Kariharnett
Lil Henry

well to rephrase it better only the sports model of cars. like the Yaris YRX the fez XR4 etc. it looks a bit out of place on a standard every day from a to b appliance.
Kariharnett is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post