Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 06-12-2007, 12:04 PM   #1
da_ilks

Default XR4 Rough Idle

Howdy Guys,

XR4 is going in for it 15,000km service on Monday, and I'll mention it to the dealer then, but is anybody elses XR4 a bit rough at idle, espicially with the air con on? Sitting at the lights and mine is constantly going back and forth between 900 - 1000rpm. I wouldn't mind it if I was driving a cammed monster but since it's a stock XR4 :p

Also - is anybody elses XR4 crappy on when cold? It's almost like driving a carby car sometimes, needing to give it some gas etc.

PS. 6 months on and I REALLY miss RWD & power :(

da_ilks is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-12-2007, 12:22 PM   #2
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Then buy the V8 like we told last night Ilks!!
vztrt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-12-2007, 03:45 PM   #3
da_ilks

lol I know, I know :evil3:
Old 06-12-2007, 06:39 PM   #4
Piotr
Non-Regular Member

Sounds alot like your ECU needs a reset or flash. That or a sensor is faulty.

A healthy ECU will adjust idle in about 0.5 seconds and keep it steady.
Old 06-12-2007, 06:55 PM   #5
ReVd_uP
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

the idle will also flutuate when cold for a short while in a fiesta, usually after a minute or so from start up, the PCm checks o2 sensor operation....
ReVd_uP is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-12-2007, 09:41 PM   #6
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Mine fluctuates at idle all the time, usually anywhere between about 800-1000 rpm, I think it's just the Aircon cutting in and out.
robjh80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-12-2007, 12:25 PM   #7
da_ilks

Yeah looks like the case Rob. Ford said they couldn't find a problem but had lodged a ticket with HQ, and to let them know if it keeps happening.