Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 28-10-2007, 10:06 PM   #7
Tj-zetec
Knows nothing. Apparently

i went down this road a while ago. I looked at the volant and while it got rave reviews from the yanks, it was gonna cost me about $700 to get one here. shipping was the kicker there.
I looked at a few k+n systems but there didnt appear to be any "cold air intake" systems available, only short ram. and with the hot humid summers here in sydney i didn't want to make that compromise.

The pipercross was bloody expensive too. but then again i did make my enquiries through revolution racegear so i should have known better.

Steve put me onto the ST170 airbox and snorkel which i was more than happy to go ahead with through www.focus.cfm.com but for some reason they kept canceling my order.

I gave up and made my own cold air deflector for behind the grille and put a k&n panel filter in. Plus the k&n sticker that came with it was good for +16fwkw!!

The point of my rambling is to say that i got fed up and threw in the towel. Volant seems to be the best (with debate) on the market (and the hood scoop just looks cool), pipercross and the ST box n snorkel is more easily available but i was too impatient to pursue it further.
Tj-zetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post