Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Laser and Telstar

Old 04-10-2007, 06:16 PM   #1
rsrocket
Starter Motor

Default KF Laser cutting out

Hi guys, sorry if this seems long winded but i will give you all the info i can...
About two weeks ago my car shut down for no reason. I was doing around 80 and my revs dropped from 3,000 to 0 instantly. I tried to restart unsuccessfully, but after about three minutes it started again and was fine. This has progressively become more frequent to the point where now, every time i drive the car after it has sat for more than two hours it will happen again. The symptoms are exactly the same every time. After 3 to 5 minutes of driving after the first start the car will shut down. The revs drop to 0 and there is no drive, but the car does not actually stall until it comes to a stop. After anywhere between 3 to 8 minutes the car will restart and it will then be fine for as long as i drive it. In that period of trying to restart the engine will turn but will not fire up. It is obviously an electrical problem of some sort, but my question is what?? Is there a sensor or something which could be responsible for these symptoms?? The car is a 1990 kf 1.8 injected sedan. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

rsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-10-2007, 07:16 PM   #2
dirty hands
Over Thinker

any of these
dissy module -
the engine computer controller for the EFI -
coil -
fuel pump