Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 07-06-2007, 11:28 AM   #31
Eb Barbie
Banned

Ouch and Eww! This thread is enough to put me off having kids!! Although I've had a few doozies as a kid myself ie falling off scooter=broken wrist, rack with nails steaked my foot to verander=stitches, fell off bar stool=stitchers, dislocated knee, spinal surgery haha and the list goes on. Yup put off kids for a while now!
Eb Barbie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-06-2007, 03:03 PM   #32
Matty4
Banana

This is the end result of my oldest son falling down the steps and hitting his head on the corner of a wooden toy chest in our holiday caravan. We had to drive 60k's to Wangaratta Hospital at 8.30pm to have him stitched up. The entire drive he sat in the back with his Mum watching a DVD holding a towel to his head.
I think his big sister was more scared looking at it than he was actually feeling it...lol
The only tears came when the stitches went in...........trooper.
Old 07-06-2007, 04:00 PM   #33
tankclare
BURN RUBBER NOT OIL

poor fella..
a few years ago when i was in year 2 or 3 i was playing a game with some friends where you slide on your knees or legs down grass embankments etc.. Well i did a slide and happened to cut my leg open about 30-35 cm..real deep cut that made me end up at the hospital for 36 stitches.. I didnt really feel the cut for long because it went numb for some reason...

I am left with a massive scar most the way down my left leg and it is definitely there for life.. People always ask what happened so i always muck around and make up some b.s story haha then tell them.. Weirdest thing is alot of girls always want to touch it. lmao

Chicks must dig scars!
tankclare is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-06-2007, 04:20 PM   #34
sprjenkins
Spr Jenkins

Poor kids, I'm suprised no one has said that will buff out yet

-Mathematicians have found that due to the excessive amount of women Chuck Norris has slept with, it is guaranteed that he appears in your family tree a minimum of three times

-Chuck Norris doesn't sleep. He waits.

-Chuck Norris once worked as a weatherman for the San Diego evening news. Every night he would make the same forecast: Partly Cloudy with a 75% chance of Pain.
sprjenkins is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-06-2007, 04:22 PM   #35
Ringo
I see you....

I'm cringing and lauging all at the same time....kids can cop some ripper injuries and they just cope.

I was 6. We had a 2 story house with a balcony on the 2nd floor. We had some carpet fitted and there were all these off cuts left outside including some ripper thin strips a few meters long. Yours truly ties one end of a 'specially selected' carpet strip and ties it sucurely to the balcony railing.

I then used it as a tazan rope for a few swings before the thing just plain snaps in half - I go down and my head hits a decrotive volcanic rock in the garden. Blood everywhere....for reasons still not explained to me I was never taken to hospital. I now have a scar about the size of a 5 cent piece in my skull where no hair grows - my hairdresser is careful not to expose it when she cuts my hair.

I also came of my push bike twice and knocked myself out both times, one time was while trying to set a neighbourhood speed record with the new speedo on my bike....(at least this is what I was told...I have no recollection of it)...I hit either my friends bike or a parked car or something at about 50k per hour. This is why I won't let myself get into motorbikes - They are forbidden fruit - I would kill myself through stupidity or trying to push the boundaries of grip and pyhsics.
Ringo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-06-2007, 04:25 PM   #36
El Venom
normality is boring
Donating Member1

I have all these to look foward to but by 2. I have twin girls and the will both injure them selves in the same way at almost the same time, so it should be fun when they are older. thank christ they are only 15months old
El Venom is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-06-2007, 04:29 PM   #37
Ringo
I see you....

Another bad one I saw was in primary school with a kid running being chased at full speed, he turned around to look at his chaser and ran into a steel netball ring pole....down he went but didn't cry or scream, I realise now it was concussion, but he was just looking blankly around at everyone while he lay on the ground like a punch drunk boxer.

The blue and purple egg that appeared on the side of his forehead in the few minutes before a teacher came and carried his away was truly amazing.....I think he ended up going by ambulance to the Austin Hospital (Melb Metro)....It was 1984 so I don't think anyone got sued
Ringo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-06-2007, 05:32 PM   #38
King Nothing
He has, the Knack..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo
I also came of my push bike twice and knocked myself out both times, one time was while trying to set a neighbourhood speed record with the new speedo on my bike....(at least this is what I was told...I have no recollection of it)...I hit either my friends bike or a parked car or something at about 50k per hour. This is why I won't let myself get into motorbikes - They are forbidden fruit - I would kill myself through stupidity or trying to push the boundaries of grip and pyhsics.
When I was a kid me, my brother and a mate managed to do 80km/hr down a really long, steep hill. We know because my mate had a speedo on his bike that was pretty accurate. Theres something weird about being in top gear on a mountain bike and the pedals offered no resistance because of the speed.

No helmets, no shin pads, just a t shirt, shorts and shoes. How we didn't kill ourselves I'll never know. We flew past driveways as well, and did it nearly every weekend. Oh and the speed limit was 50! Ah, the joys of being a kid.

Workhorse, stock as a rock

2004 BA MKI Futura - Now the wife's

For Show: 18" Kaotic Shadow Chrome, King SL all round, Cadence Amp, Kenwood 12" Sub, JL Audio 5x7's, Scuff Plates, MP3 Connector

For Go: SVI LPG, K&N Filter, F6 CAI, XR6T snorkle, XR8 catback, Magnaflow metal cat, Pacemaker headers, Underdrive, Thermostat, Custom tune, DBA4000

Now with baby seat and toys

175.6 rwkw

www.bseries.com.au/King_Nothing
King Nothing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-06-2007, 10:00 PM   #39
RogueDriver

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Nothing
When I was a kid me, my brother and a mate managed to do 80km/hr down a really long, steep hill. We know because my mate had a speedo on his bike that was pretty accurate. Theres something weird about being in top gear on a mountain bike and the pedals offered no resistance because of the speed.

No helmets, no shin pads, just a t shirt, shorts and shoes. How we didn't kill ourselves I'll never know. We flew past driveways as well, and did it nearly every weekend. Oh and the speed limit was 50! Ah, the joys of being a kid.
I did the same thing down a hill near my place (but only at 60-something). I was worried about being hit by a car so rode on the gravel shoulder.. still don't know how I didn't hit a rock or something.
Then when I was 3 or 4 my neighbours house burnt down and they stayed with us for a few days. I was in the bath while the daughter was blowdrying her hair. She left it on the cabinet and left the bathroom. Of course, to a kid that looked like a great toy gun. Unfortunately it was still plugged in and the power point turned on.
Long story short I was revived by the SES who were next door cleaning up the remains of the house and half an hour later I was having a great time running around the hospital.

And when I was 11 or 12 I tried to jump from the top rung of the ladder on the monkey bars to the 4th bar across (and above). Usually made it, this time I have vague recollections of looking up to see a group of kids and two teachers hovering over me.

Nothing since then, I learnt my lesson on electricity and ladders!
RogueDriver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2007, 12:05 AM   #40
xr8chick
HSV - I Just Ate One!

If any-one here lives in WA, did you all hear about the year 8 guy who got kicked fair and sqaure in his ... goolies?

I dont know him, but my friends little brother does. he's out of school, [yeah he went to the same school as me] and there was a big write up about it. He hasn't been back at school and may have suffered permanent injuries.

all i can say is ....

ouch.
Old 08-06-2007, 12:14 AM   #41
XCSEDAN
i'm baaaack....

my favourite stack memory is on a mountain bike at my old house,
the block was on a REALLY steep angle, to put it into prospective a RWD car could not reverse up it, and if the car was FWD that had real trouble getting up it (it was cement too)

anyways, wearing no top, shorts, no helmet, a wrist watch, and thongs, i went up to the top of the back yard, and rode flat out, strait down the backyard (which was dirt) then onto the cement ramp and onto the driveway, (all up its about 400m) now i was peddling as fast as i could on a 16 speed??? mountian bike in top gear and i couldnt keep up with the peddles. cut a long story short, i hit the bottom of the driveway (which was gravel) hit a rock that is about 30cm in diameter, went flying and managed to somehow land 3 meters up in a tree... i passed out after that... next thing i knew i was on the ground, aparently i fell out an landed in a good old fashioned face plant position.

i grazed my entire face, grazed most of the left hand side of my body, smashed my glasses (which ment i had glass in my cheeks), ripped off 3 toenails (that REALLY ******* HURT!!!) and dislocated my shoulder. all this at the age of 10!!! :

amazingly i only have one scar and its really small, lucky my mum knew first aid!!!

i have tonnes of other stack stories but yeah thats enough from me
XCSEDAN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2007, 12:20 AM   #42
Thornie
Off smelting

God, i remember my mum telling me to stop sitting on the breakfast bar and jumping off, i learnt the hard way, jumped off one morning with the cord to the kettle wrapped around my arm, 2nd-3rd degree burns from my wrist to my armpit on my right arm, a month in hospital and 18 years later i still have the battle scars :(
Thornie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2007, 01:32 AM   #43
gtfpv
GT

we used to play dares , on the road, we'd do donuts ( circles ) on our push bikes in front of my house, highway, in between traffic breaks, we'd laugh ourselves silly . one day we were playing this at night; i was laughing that much i fell off my bike, and laid there helpless laughing my head off , with a car coming down the highway at me , i couldn't move i was laughing so much !. my mate who was 3 years older than me, ran across the road at the last minute, and grabbed my shirt dragging me out of the way .
not a stack , but stupidity to the max. i cringe at the thought of how stupid, kids can be now.
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2007, 01:49 AM   #44
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRchic
Hahahaha the poor boys! I hope they are ok! Its not just boys though, my daughter fell off her bike riding home from school and went knee first into the gravel before flipping down the embankment with the bike landing on her....

Reminds me of a bike accident i had... going down hill, top gear racing my older brother, hit a bump back of the bike stepped out, dropped onto it's side and grazed my right leg from calf to hip (Riding in shorts)... got back on the bike, went home and showed mum

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Nothing

I swear all guys must do the same thing as a kid, was funny going past cars on the footpath
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2007, 02:42 PM   #45
B.J(inCanb)

You think it should get better but it doesn't, I had to take my 16 year old daughter to emergency after she stuck her finger in a stab blender and then turned it on! Dislocated both joints and had to have micro-surgery to repair the nerves. Same child wrote off one of my cars 2 weeks after getting her license and then fell off her bike after flipping over the handle bars. She has moved to Finland now and has to take care of herself.
Old 11-06-2007, 03:48 PM   #46
nommic
EL Monty Ghia

LOL I was just thinking "geez, those kids must've been naughty"...

Then I remembered the scar I've got on my jaw from when I fell off my bike as a kid, cutting my face open on a brick. A brick you ask? Well, I was riding indoors... :
Old 11-06-2007, 04:31 PM   #47
atec77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotherNature
Welcome to the world of parenting ;)

It does get worse Im afraid to say ....... they turn 15-16 & think you really dont know what your on about ............ then they move out & trust me the worry is worse than a graze ;)

Guys ..... I hope your little fellas heal quickly & might one day remember your words as they tell them to their kids :P
Wait until he comes home 3 months after moving out with the 1100cc bike , makes your skin crawl and heart miss a beat ( yes I still ride)
atec77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2007, 09:01 PM   #48
SiKoRa_eL_97

Dislocated my wrist i was about 12 racing a tram in south melbourne my friend was on it i had a mental black out and road right into a pole n yea lucky there was a doctor across the road cuz i was fkd totally out of it... LOL

better confiscate his computer.
SiKoRa_eL_97 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2007, 09:49 PM   #49
devilcv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

many years ago one of my nephews was hiding under his bed with his legs pushing up under the mattress. His (now stepfather) ran into the bedroom, and, knowing he was under the bed but thinking he was laying flat on the floor, jumped on the bed.... result one nephew with a broken leg.
devilcv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-06-2007, 09:59 AM   #50
Eb Barbie
Banned

Poor kids! These pics make me feel a lil woozy, and to think I wanna be a nurse!? Lol
Eb Barbie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post