Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 05-05-2007, 02:27 AM   #1
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

Default Tony Jaa. Thai Boxer.

If you like martial arts movies, I strongly recommend you have a look at Tony Jaa's films. I've only seen two of his movies so far and I'm totally convinced this guy is by far the most talented martial arts "hero" I've seen.

I'm no expert but believe me this guy does things you wouldn't think are humanly possible. The moves he pulls off aren't even on computer games yet. Makes Jackie, Jet and Bruce look average.

Imo, you shouldn't look past the movie "Tom Yum Goong". The subtitles are average and the story starts off slowly. After about 15mins I was about to turn it off. But then all of a sudden all hell breaks loose and I'm thinking "no way" this can be possible. Anyways, this movie ain't available locally so you'd have to order through Amazon.

And here you'll find some reviews on this film. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0427954/
If you do get to see it, or you have already seen it, let us know what you think.

Cheers.

Old 05-05-2007, 09:34 AM   #2
BlackLS

Just searched him on youtube, awesome! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epJuNCOGjio
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-05-2007, 11:11 AM   #3
GTS_300_Coupe
Mandy Moore FTW!

His best movie was Ong Bak I think.
Its locally available here also. Really good movie for showing off his martial arts and skill.
GTS_300_Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-05-2007, 12:44 PM   #4
scooby

Yes Ong Bak is his best movie. I actually met him once at Darling Harbour when he was here to make Tom Yum Goong.(btw means prawn soup). We had a bit of a chat.
scooby is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-05-2007, 12:59 PM   #5
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Yep he is incredible in Ong Bak, it's like a mixture of martial arts and free running.
Falcon Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-05-2007, 12:59 PM   #6
Falcon_Phill
1967 XR Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby
Yes Ong Bak is his best movie. I actually met him once at Darling Harbour when he was here to make Tom Yum Goong.(btw means prawn soup). We had a bit of a chat.
Should have slapped him one.
Old 05-05-2007, 01:17 PM   #7
scooby

lol he's bigger than me
scooby is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-05-2007, 01:22 PM   #8
Greenhorn
Pimpin My VK

ive seen ong bak a couple of times its a great film
Greenhorn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-05-2007, 01:36 PM   #9
DavesXr8

Looks more like an acrobat than a true martial artist like bruce lee.

I dont think you can compare them in the sense other than he makes a better movie because he is good with stunts.

Just my IMO
DavesXr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2007, 09:36 PM   #10
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby
Prawn soup eh? Funny that, the movie was more about elephant soup haha.

I watched Ong Bak and enjoyed it greatly. But TYG blew me away. There was alot more fights and brutality in it. He also shows off his unique style alot more in TYG imo.

By the way, whats his Engrish like?
Old 08-05-2007, 05:29 PM   #11
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

Yep Tony Jaa is killer. Ong Bak was an awesome movie. Im Thai to so it runs in the ethnic background.........NOT.

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2007, 06:22 PM   #12
sprjenkins
Spr Jenkins

As an acrobat, he's pretty awesome, probably an ex gymnast or something. However i'd like to see him in the ring with Fedor Emelianenko or Mirko Crocop

-Mathematicians have found that due to the excessive amount of women Chuck Norris has slept with, it is guaranteed that he appears in your family tree a minimum of three times

-Chuck Norris doesn't sleep. He waits.

-Chuck Norris once worked as a weatherman for the San Diego evening news. Every night he would make the same forecast: Partly Cloudy with a 75% chance of Pain.
sprjenkins is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post