Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 06-05-2007, 09:58 PM   #1
bobski

Default Windows Seals

Hey Guys,

Just bought a black demo Zetec (1 year old, 6000ks on its clock, new rego). $5k off retail and a better than redbook trade for my XR6T (boy was that painful trying to get dealers to give me a trade that didn't make me scoff).

Anyhoo - I'm pretty chuffed. The car is in pristine shape (as in, I can't believe its a year old sort of shape), except for one thing. The outside window seals (the plastic strip at the base) seem to be very weathered. I figured at the time, a splash of armor-all on 'em will restore the lustre, however, I saw in another thread someone alluding to having theirs replaced by the dealer?

So it sounds like this a common problem? And will the dealership replace them under warranty if armor-all/Meguires type product doesn't help? And if not, has anyone bought replacements (pricing). And has the problem been rectified with the new strips? You'd think with the Fiesta being german built, the strips would be quite hardy; having to put up with european winters and all!

Looking forward to picking it up, but very sad to lose the XR6T. Might need to take a nice long sentimental drive (*cough* belting *cough*) in her before hand over.

bobski is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2007, 02:34 AM   #2
goop

Congrats

Mine are the same. I'm hoping to get them replaced under warranty at the 15K service - 4000 Kms away. Will be interested to hear how you go.
goop is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2007, 10:23 AM   #3
kiwijohn42
Death B4 Decaf

Mine are getting replaced too. They got some in, but found they were damaged in transport. My local ford dealer can never get things right first time.
That reminds me, I better ring them to see if they're in yet.
Enjoy the Zetec Bobski.
Old 07-05-2007, 02:34 PM   #4
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

A forum member by the name of "bru20vt" got his window seals replaced as they're flaking. It sounds like a common problem on the WQ Fiestas. Mine looks like they're starting to flake and I'll get Ford to replace it.

Congrats on the new Fiesta, bobski. Just wondering, where are you located? If you're in Sydney... we NSW guys often go for a cruise and stuff. It's a whole lot of fun, you should come along if you're able to. The next one is on Sunday the 27th May.
Ives is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2007, 02:42 PM   #5
bobski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ives
If you're in Sydney... we NSW guys often go for a cruise and stuff. It's a whole lot of fun, you should come along if you're able to. The next one is on Sunday the 27th May.
Thanks for the replies lads.

I live in the blue mountains, but I'm super busy at the moment. I'll check back to see when I'm a little bit more freed up as that sounds like fun. :
bobski is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2007, 04:18 PM   #6
bru20vt

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobski
The outside window seals (the plastic strip at the base) seem to be very weathered. I figured at the time, a splash of armor-all on 'em will restore the lustre, however, I saw in another thread someone alluding to having theirs replaced by the dealer?
Mine were replaced under warranty. I would not spray any form of protectant on them prior to showing the dealer.

dom
bru20vt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post