Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 08-05-2007, 03:06 AM   #1
BOOSTDEF
FPV GT Owner!!!

Post For the Students who hate essays

Hi,

Im in the middle of a thesis and I have been searching for years "and i mean since year 10" for something that can help me write essays and reports, or something to check and see if it can be done better.

Well i think i found something of a godsend. It is only new and has a few tiny glitches, but oh boy is it helpful..

Hope you like

www.essayrewriter.com

BOOSTDEF is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2007, 03:56 AM   #2
Green X
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Original

Welcome to your free Essay Rewriter. Here you can rewrite the journals, articles, past essays, news headlines, web site content and other additional texts into your own unique form of content. Simply paste the text you wish to rewrite and you will be given your own text for your unique use. All this will be done in under a second. Think of the time you can save by paraphrasing other text to help you create the content you desire.

What it spit’s back out at you.

Welcome with your free test Rewriter. Here that you can récrire the newspapers, of the articles, after tests, titles of news, the contents of Web site and other texts additional in your own single shape of contents. To simply stick the text that you wish récrire and you will be given your own text for your single use. All this will be done inside under a second. To think of time when you can save by paraphrasing the other text to help you to create the contents you wish.
Green X is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2007, 04:02 AM   #3
BOOSTDEF
FPV GT Owner!!!

Of course its not 100%, but you cant say it doesnt help when trying to find a good sentence.

Helps me,

Input:
This article emphasizes the key understandings in getting the best media for your Ipod. Mp3 downloads are the cheapest and quickest way to fill your Ipod with the best music and videos you love.

Output:
This article underlines principal arrangements by obtaining the best media for your Ipod. The Mp3 remote loadings are the cheaper manner and fastest to fill your Ipod of better music and videos which you like.

Not too bad id say. Always going to be a cynic though.
Old 08-05-2007, 09:47 AM   #4
Fairlane
V8 Powaah

Might be handy for lazy high school kids, but in my area, lecturers have a pretty good hold on your writing style and can tell when somethings amiss. Plus it still seems pretty clunky.

and secondally does it give the same answer twice for a written piece of text, because if it does it can guranteed 100% that someone has already fed it through a plagirism checker and has it on file.

XF S pack Sedan- AU 302 Windsor, T5, 2.77 LSD, Many Mods
Fairlane is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2007, 10:57 AM   #5
BOOSTDEF
FPV GT Owner!!!

Yeh good points fairlane. Even so, it is still pretty handy to throw a sentence here and there in to see what it can suggest for you. I find it handy doing it that way.

Its a lot better than Shift-F7 in microsoft word ;p

Last edited by BOOSTDEF; 08-05-2007 at 11:04 AM.
Old 08-05-2007, 10:58 AM   #6
Gunns
Banned

Try this one:

Using this easy rewirter tool is just a way for incompetent people who really should not be at university or any other form higher education, because they are unable to have any of their own thoughts or ideas.

The use of this easy tool of rewirter is right a manner for the inefficient people who really should not be at the university or very other a higher education of form, because they cannot have any their own thoughts or ideas.
Gunns is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2007, 11:05 AM   #7
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

I heard of a great tool to write essays. Its called intelligence.
Theres also an addon package for it called "Dont Plagerize"

Added free in this package is the "Work it out for yourself Meathead!" system which ensures you know what you are on about before you start writing.

1965 XP Falcon Deluxe Sedan
1978 XC Falcon Wagon Rallypack
2003 BA Fairlane G220

Windsor Powah!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7hT9dxD2hM

Sourbastard is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2007, 11:23 AM   #8
outback_ute
Ute Forum Moderator
Contributing Member

Too bad the garbage it spits back is crap. If you think those sentences are good, well good luck submitting it. Then again the way lecturers just scan through what you have written they might not pick up on it anyway.
outback_ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2007, 11:30 AM   #9
Sapper
Back to the AU

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourbastard
I heard of a great tool to write essays. Its called intelligence.
I'm afraid that intelligence has been superseeded by a new model called "waffling." This new model is now used in all Arts and Language based subjects/courses around Australia. Some Engineers and Scientists use the old "intelligence" model but many face substantial criticism for academics for not providing interesting and lengthy enough writing.
Old 08-05-2007, 11:47 AM   #10
GCFordChic
I love AU XR8s

All hail "Shift+F7" for those times when you have a mind blank after 5 hours of constant writing and cannot think of another word for 'contrast' or 'adversely' or 'further' or 'additionally' and you have used all those words at least twice already...

If you cannot paraphrase an idea, quote it.

This online thing will take longer because you will have to re-write it anyway. But if someone finds it helpful, go for it.

FPV & XR Owners Club of Qld
Want more info on our club?
fpvxrqldinfo@gmail.com
or see our Club Section

My Garage:
AU II XR8 Sedan "Lil T"
Hyundai i30 SR
yeah baby!
GCFordChic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2007, 11:57 AM   #11
woodsy109

If only the kids these days made the effort to use these ideas. The students in my girlfriends yr 10 english class don't even bother to take out the underlined and highlighted hyperlinks from their copied internet articles.
woodsy109 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2007, 12:00 PM   #12
sgt_doofey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Of course, you could just put in the original text and put in a reference to the original article and it's then not plagiarism.
Old 08-05-2007, 12:06 PM   #13
XRated
Shoot.

Ahh geeze... If you're not quoting it, you're copying it. I thought all tertiary organisations place a strong emphasis on the importance of quoting and the repersussions of plagiarising. It seems new generations are looking for ways to become even more lazier and not to use their brains. So long for originality.

This is one of the reasons I get frustrated working in group-projects, particularly when you don't get to choose the members participating. Only last week two exchange students I am working with submitted "their work" to me before submission. Straight away I could tell it wasn't their own work because their English in real-life isn't very good whilst the report was superbly written. They didn't deny it was copy and pasted.

Unfortunately it seems to be happening more frequently these days.

20V Turbo

XRated is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2007, 12:07 PM   #14
S3SR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgt_doofey
Of course, you could just put in the original text and put in a reference to the original article and it's then not plagiarism.
but itd have to be a quote and quotes dont count towards words.... in some subjects

btw site is down what did you do

2002 Ford Falcon AU S3 SR
2006 BF MKI Falcon XR6
2008 Mazda BT50 SDX
2004 BA XR8 ute
2006 AUDI A4 B7
2013 FG II XR6 Ute
2006 Ford Territory TX
2003 Ford Falcon XR8
2009 Territory Turbo Ghia

Current: 2012 Audi A4 B8 2.0T Quattro
S3SR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2007, 01:00 PM   #15
Ringo
I see you....

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodsy109
If only the kids these days made the effort to use these ideas. The students in my girlfriends yr 10 english class don't even bother to take out the underlined and highlighted hyperlinks from their copied internet articles.
That's unbelievable.......
Ringo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2007, 01:18 PM   #16
Fairlane
V8 Powaah

Quote:
Originally Posted by FALCONSR
but itd have to be a quote and quotes dont count towards words.... in some subjects
I know in most of my subjects they expect 12 sources minimum of a major assignment, perfect footnoting (ie around 30-40 footnotes), quotes dont count for wordlimit and they are super anal about plagarism because of a uni scandal with foreign students. So in order to fill 3500 words in the words of HotXR6 we resort to waffling.

XF S pack Sedan- AU 302 Windsor, T5, 2.77 LSD, Many Mods
Fairlane is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2007, 01:24 PM   #17
Ringo
I see you....

Writting essay is easy once you know your topic and have research.

Summarise your point into a series of one line bullet points. These single sentances become the opening line of each of your paragraphs

Expand on each opening sentance with a few more lines with more detailed information. These lines form the paragraph.

A well written essay should be able to sped read by only reading the opening line of each paragraph.

Used this technique always. Helps with writers block a lot. Helps to keep the useless fluff out of your writting as well.
Ringo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2007, 04:11 PM   #18
Bucket
XR5 Pilot

I have this Theory that i learnt from some friends for Writing Essays...

SEX

Say it
Explain It
eXample

It doesnt matter how good your gramar or use of the Thesaurus is...If you dont have a sustained, logical argument you won't get the marks...atleast at my school anyway