Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 20-04-2005, 10:01 PM   #61
MadManz

most people would like to see this person band from these forums, but i rekon he should come on here more often, just makes me laugh py:
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2005, 10:23 PM   #62
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
Just curious? What times does it actually run?
dont really know just fast like i cant move myself forward at all in the seat. did sum research and a 1993 300ZX TT does 5.2 stock (completely unbiasd site). and hes boosted it. this is a 12yr old car with 200kw or so stock aswell. so guys for any1 who think 5.2 isnt fast then ur baggn stock FPVs (wat 320kw) and HSVs (wat 335kw) aswell.

i thought the topic was on drag racing for any cars. i mean u dont always verse the same type of car at the track right.

anyways just wanna appologize for it gettn a bit out of hand can we just get over it and move on.

check it out if ur interested in other times for stock cars. theres lots of cars mostly american which means corvettes and mustangs.

the website is http://web.missouri.edu/~apcb20/times.html

cheers
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2005, 10:33 PM   #63
MadManz

they are 0 - 100 kmh times i gather, i think everyone was interested in the times of ur mates, since it cant be beaten...

but maby next time just think a little bit, and ford GT-P/GT is only 290Kw hsv is now 287kw, so again all ya gotta do is not bagg out any other model, because there is always gonna be a faster car.
Old 20-04-2005, 10:36 PM   #64
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY
dont really know just fast like i cant move myself forward at all in the seat. did sum research and a 1993 300ZX TT does 5.2 stock (completely unbiasd site). and hes boosted it. this is a 12yr old car with 200kw or so stock aswell. so guys for any1 who think 5.2 isnt fast then ur baggn stock FPVs (wat 320kw) and HSVs (wat 335kw) aswell.

i thought the topic was on drag racing for any cars. i mean u dont always verse the same type of car at the track right.

anyways just wanna appologize for it gettn a bit out of hand can we just get over it and move on.

check it out if ur interested in other times for stock cars. theres lots of cars mostly american which means corvettes and mustangs.

the website is http://web.missouri.edu/~apcb20/times.html

cheers
Seriously and without any malice, unless you can actually come up with a 1/4 mile ET and MPH no one here is going to take you serious.
I have no doubt its quick...but your talking to people who see 12 second 1/4 times all too often from cars that are driven to work and back each day. Some are even into the 11 second bracket now.
Based on the weight and rwkw of the 300Zx your talking about, it wouldnt even be close to that. Simple physics.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2005, 10:47 PM   #65
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
Seriously and without any malice, unless you can actually come up with a 1/4 mile ET and MPH no one here is going to take you serious.
I have no doubt its quick...but your talking to people who see 12 second 1/4 times all too often from cars that are driven to work and back each day. Some are even into the 11 second bracket now.
Based on the weight and rwkw of the 300Zx your talking about, it wouldnt even be close to that. Simple physics.
yeah of course not. but the stock is 13.8 which is pretty quick. and he doesnt have times. hasnt even finished modding it yet. i think hes only spent like mayb $2-3k on mods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManz
they are 0 - 100 kmh times i gather, i think everyone was interested in the times of ur mates, since it cant be beaten...
in relation to this. i think i worded it wrong. wat i meant to say is he hasnt been beaten yet (wit the exception of bikes) there r 1/4 times in the second coloumn.

im not gonna say wat times hes doin coz he hasnt done them yet. but he has raced his mate's N15 pulsar SSS (GTI-r engine) and hes mate is pumpn out between 4.9-5 from hearsay just as a guide, and only just takes the pulsar. due to the pulsar being extremely light and has much better mods.
Old 20-04-2005, 10:59 PM   #66
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY
yeah of course not. but the stock is 13.8 which is pretty quick. and he doesnt have times. hasnt even finished modding it yet. i think hes only spent like mayb $2-3k on mods.

in relation to this. i think i worded it wrong. wat i meant to say is he hasnt been beaten yet (wit the exception of bikes) there r 1/4 times in the second coloumn.

im not gonna say wat times hes doin coz he hasnt done them yet. but he has raced his mate's N15 pulsar SSS (GTI-r engine) and hes mate is pumpn out between 4.9-5 from hearsay just as a guide, and only just takes the pulsar. due to the pulsar being extremely light and has much better mods.
When he's got an ET then you might have something to discuss, until then its all smoke and mirrors. The 300ZXTT was a quick car but, based on bang for buck, its not that great.
He has spent $25K on the car and a few $K on mods. I'm thinking of a few E Series that have been bought for a few $K, had about the same spend on mods and would eat it for breakfast.
Sorry, its not that big a deal to be honest....and based on power and weight, its not in the "holy crap thats FAST" level of car yet. There are many, many NA V8 "family" Falcons out there with similar total dollars put into them that would hammer it. Mr Jucy springs to mind in the XD. XDSlider is another.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2005, 11:06 PM   #67
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

how much he paid for it was in relation to the condition of the car. low kms. didnt even have a 100k kms on it when he got it. as for mods hes got a boost controller, turbo timer(doesnt do anythn) wheels and exhaust really. NO hardcore mods yet. another mate of mine is gonna buy anutha one wit 280rwkw but i doubt he will live long-(cant drive at all lol)

yeah i really just want to get passed it all now and just chat bout sumthn else.
Old 20-04-2005, 11:08 PM   #68
XRated
Shoot.

Ah bugger it, I'm not getting in this. :

20V Turbo

Last edited by XRated; 20-04-2005 at 11:12 PM.
XRated is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2005, 11:12 PM   #69
dershba
Starter Motor

Great Vid !!
dershba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2005, 11:13 PM   #70
MadManz

Um, considering i am currently looking at purchasing an extreamly tidy HG Prem (Soz Fellas :P) it has a 500+ hp 350 chev, Fresh motor, ladderbar rear end, tubs, and its registered, now this car is prolly gonna cost me 20,000 BUT and its a big BUT, it should do easy 11's
in perspective to your MATES 300zx doesnt seem very good on the Bang for the Buck!

oh and when i do get the car here i will be more than happy to race him at the track
Old 20-04-2005, 11:13 PM   #71
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i agree it has gone haywire (my bad :( )

yeah its also wat mods u do. all i know is cars equal $$$$. and drags cars = $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ lol

i have no money for either but once i finish my diploma i should have enuf. not quite sure wat to get. cruisn car or beast car but definitely not a drag car lol. i think i could kill my self quite easilly without payn for the it lol
Old 20-04-2005, 11:14 PM   #72
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

good luck wit it MadManz. hope it doesnt give u too much trouble if any at all. lol i thought u were a ford boy.
Old 20-04-2005, 11:15 PM   #73
MadManz

Um its a street car dude hence REGISTERED

maby time to close thread!
Old 20-04-2005, 11:16 PM   #74
MadManz

well i am with the new cars, hate CommonWhores, and lub the new fords, but i am hooked with the old model holdens, and the Chev is Cheap!!!!
Old 20-04-2005, 11:20 PM   #75
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yeah i know was a late reply to another post soz. yeah i knew this guy at colled had sum ripped VH commy wit a stroked 308. this thing was the biggest pain in the ***. chewed up the petrol like u wouldnt believe. he had to swap it for a VL coz he couldnt re register it. from rumours i hear its an all out drag car now. very nice indeed though. how many of u dudes heard of sum VL commy. its like TT i think. got an airbrush of a lion on the bonnet. black wit glitter in it i think. its ****n crazy as hell. cruised up next to a FPV GT or wateva it was. the FPV didnt want a piece of it at all. i figure its always worth a go if even if u lose. still would of been good to see
Old 20-04-2005, 11:23 PM   #76
MadManz

Racing doesnt belong on the street!

this is way offff topic, i dont mind chattin about drags as i am a big fan of drag racing, but ur gonna have to start another thread in drag racing or bar mitchay
Old 20-04-2005, 11:24 PM   #77
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

back a coupla years ago the commys and falcons were not even at all. now they r as close as u can get. if i had to get a new car i would get a HSV GTS. so nice. prolly not worth the money though and i could imagine how much insurance would cost.
Old 20-04-2005, 11:28 PM   #78
MadManz

bahhh glorifyed taxi!
Old 20-04-2005, 11:29 PM   #79
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

ROFL yeah
Old 24-04-2005, 06:18 PM   #80
Pearly
Lowriding

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the time spent at most functions taking photos free for us 

The link is no longer working... does anyone have the video?
Pearly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2005, 07:06 PM   #81
Thornie
Off smelting

yeh i found that pearly i was waiting for my cap to be removed b4 i could downlaod it
Thornie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2005, 07:11 PM   #82
MrQuan
Social Disaster

shhhhiiiiiiiiiit
I missed out :(

Something about you exceeding your bandwidth?

3.73 LSD | Darkest legal tint | tinted back lights | Sprayed Dash | Custom Trims
Sound System:
Fusion front splits, rear 3-ways, and 2 x 12" subs with ctrl, 3 x Fusion amps | Clarion HU | 1F Cap | 60GB Zen Xtra | 800W RMS output!
MrQuan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2005, 07:12 PM   #83
MrQuan
Social Disaster

I have a domain I can host it on for a while if someone wants to give it to me...?

3.73 LSD | Darkest legal tint | tinted back lights | Sprayed Dash | Custom Trims
Sound System:
Fusion front splits, rear 3-ways, and 2 x 12" subs with ctrl, 3 x Fusion amps | Clarion HU | 1F Cap | 60GB Zen Xtra | 800W RMS output!
MrQuan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2005, 07:16 PM   #84
svo347
AFF's 1st DM.......

Location: Wha???... There is only 2 states 2 be in.. WA or Drunk..

Is the link still valid , as usual im having dramas.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
I know what lengths they go to to ensure it's more than just a Ford sticker on the part. Ford doesn't throw it's name on anything for a quick buck.
06 Turbo Terri AWD 6 sp in Neo with stuff i didnt even need, side steps,15.2 inch roof mounted DVD,Pioneer $tezza,Selby 30/18mm swaybars,debunged,100 cpsi Ballistic cat,Plazmaman under battery Cai injectors 14/lb boost,ZF tuned,Xtreme's magic. :
svo347 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2005, 07:17 PM   #85
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

still works for me. i just go open in new tab
Old 24-04-2005, 07:21 PM   #86
Dez
Banned

dez saved the video
Dez is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2005, 08:27 PM   #87
Biggoggs
Rider on the storm

Unless the vid is 32kb long, the link is broke :/
Biggoggs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2005, 08:32 PM   #88
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

my bad i just checked to see if it would start dwnldg. yeah i think it is ****ed on a second check.
Old 24-04-2005, 08:34 PM   #89
Dez
Banned

ive got it saved on my comp pearly, but i dont have webspace
Dez is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post