Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 12-03-2007, 08:09 PM   #1
Haemophiliac

Default chrome grill

Hey guys,

A while back on ebay they had some 3mm chrome tape that you could use on your grill. Anyone know where to get it from now? Its not on there anymore.

cheers. solved my problem with the miltek extractors too if anyones interested in doing them...

K&N Panel Filter - Lowered King Springs - 17" ROH STRADA Rims - Black Clear Style Tail lights - Cat Back Exhaust - Miltek 4-2-1 Manifold and Hiflow Cat - Contemplating: Black Angel Eye Style Headlights
Haemophiliac is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-03-2007, 08:13 PM   #2
Adsy01

i'm intrested to hear about the fix for your extractors :-)
Adsy01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-03-2007, 09:54 PM   #3
Sonia

You can buy the schrome tape from AutoBarn, not sure of the cost.
Sonia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-03-2007, 07:38 PM   #4
Haemophiliac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adsy01
i'm intrested to hear about the fix for your extractors :-)

well the cat was not recieving a enough heat to make the 02 sensors work properly. in the end the fix was simple.

WE moved the first sensor up to where the extractors go from 4-2 and just used a MIL light eliminator available from the uk to fix the rear one.

if you gonna get some extractors for your fez get 4-1 ones not 4-2-1. the latter is just too long and you actually need to move the position of the cat to even fit them in because of a strut or something (part of the base chassis of the car), thats how it was explained to me by tthe guys who did it. or just do what i did with the 4-2-1's and be glad you dont have to stuff around and waste money on it

she runs really well now, on start up, with a/c on and at lower revs. Flat spots seem to have been ironed out, and I can feel it getting better the more i drive it as the cpu learns the different air flow with out the sensors being totally buggered up.
K&N Panel Filter - Lowered King Springs - 17" ROH STRADA Rims - Black Clear Style Tail lights - Cat Back Exhaust - Miltek 4-2-1 Manifold and Hiflow Cat - Contemplating: Black Angel Eye Style Headlights
Old 13-03-2007, 08:03 PM   #5
Adsy01

Good stuff..
If i ever do go for headers it would be 4-2-1's...
4-1's are more for "top-end" power and you typically lose torque with them, which is no good for the type of road work i do in my car.

When i had my old Satria GTI, i picked up some headers for it and instaled its O2 sensor in the "collector" too... though i did just because it was easy not to fix a problem lol go figure..
Old 13-03-2007, 08:28 PM   #6
Piotr
Non-Regular Member

Adsy01: Awesome generalisation dude. Where extractors make power depends on how they are tuned not the type.

Haemophiliac: Have you priced a chrome grill up from Ford?
Old 13-03-2007, 09:02 PM   #7
Adsy01

Sorry, but a 4-1 type of header is always going to be tuned more towards higher RPM power ignoring lower end gains, were as a 4-2-1 will gain more in the midrange but not gain as much top end. This is why most "racing" headers are of a 4-1 type and most street type are the 4-2-1.

Tuned legnths of course affect the performance of a header design, but it is the pipe/header type that influences what part of the power band are tuned by adjusting the legnths (tuning) and not solely the "tune".

You can tune a 4-2-1 one header all you want but it'll never make as much top end as a 4-1 tuned to its peak and Youl'll never get the same torque out of a 4-1 headers as you will a 4-2-1 design...

Of course if the 4-2-1 header is not made in proper order it wont have any exctraction affect and actually slow down the the gasses exiting the cylinder instead of exctracting them. You'd be suprised of how many bad designs i've seen in my years in and out of the trade, the factory headers on my forementioned Satria GTI are the perfect example of a dodgey header _2:
Old 13-03-2007, 09:13 PM   #8
Piotr
Non-Regular Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adsy01
Sorry, but a 4-1 type of header is always going to be tuned more towards higher RPM power ignoring lower end gains, were as a 4-2-1 will gain more in the midrange but not gain as much top end. This is why most "racing" headers are of a 4-1 type and most street type are the 4-2-1.

Tuned legnths of course affect the performance of a header design, but it is the pipe/header type that influences what part of the power band are tuned by adjusting the legnths (tuning) and not solely the "tune".

You can tune a 4-2-1 one header all you want but it'll never make as much top end as a 4-1 tuned to its peak and Youl'll never get the same torque out of a 4-1 headers as you will a 4-2-1 design...
That is simply not true at all.

Without getting to far off topic. 4-2-1 and 4-1 are different types of extractor design and both can be made to produce peak torque at the same point. The design have very little to do with were peak torque is produced.

You have fallen victim to marketing dude
Old 14-03-2007, 11:44 PM   #9
Haemophiliac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piotr
Adsy01: Awesome generalisation dude. Where extractors make power depends on how they are tuned not the type.

Haemophiliac: Have you priced a chrome grill up from Ford?
more interested in putting it on the bottom plastic gril rather than the top one where the ford badge is