Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 19-02-2007, 02:29 PM   #1
breezey
Starter Motor

Default CD Player panel

I have 2006 Ford Fiesta WQ model and need someone who owns the same model to help me verifying something.

I just noticed last night that when I turned off my engine and pull out the key, my CD Player panel light (where we can see the date and time) is off straightaway. As far as I remember the light was on for sometimes and then was turned off automatically together with the odometer display where you can see the DTE and mileage you have done. Can someone verify this... whether I remember that thing incorrectly or some settings have been somehow changed.

Thanks.

breezey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2007, 02:48 PM   #2
fryad
Starter Motor

I've been thrown over this a few times too. Some nights both instrument panel and CD will stay on and other times it's one or the other. I have tried turning the car off with both CD player on and off but that doesn't seem to play out with any consistency. It's a weird feature anyway. I'd love to know the point of it.
fryad is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2007, 03:50 PM   #3
morbo

Yup im getting it too. I thought it was just me.
morbo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2007, 10:40 PM   #4
breezey
Starter Motor

Is there anyone has your odometer and CD stay on for a while after you turned the car off and pull out your key?
breezey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2007, 03:20 PM   #5
fryad
Starter Motor

That's what we're referring to breezey but there seems to be no consistency in which or both are on or off!

Does anyone in the forum know what Ford's rationale was in making these stay on?
fryad is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2007, 03:50 PM   #6
photn
AFF Post NAZI

hahaha attack of the starter motors lol.....

the real question is does any1 understand the rationale of ford lol.....

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post