Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 12-02-2007, 12:14 AM   #1
smally289
growing up is optional

Default Ebay and Pay Pal

Has anyone had trouble paying for an Ebay item using pay pal?
I haven't used my pay pal account for a while, and have just tried to use it again.
When I logged in it came up with a message stating that my account was locked on $0. I then created a new account and everything looks a whole lot different from what it used to. It seems that now you have to transfer money into the account and then pay pal send it off.
What really scares me is it asks for your ebay ID and password when doing an ebay item payment.
Is this the way it is now, or am I just being paranoid?

smally289 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2007, 08:26 AM   #2
jonk

You should've re-activated the old account.

Also, link your bank account to your PP account, if there's no money in PP then ofcourse you'll have to top it up with dosh.

Been using PP for years, never had any trouble. I prefer to buy and sell using only PP because of insurance coverage and the ease of 'trackability' when selling/buying heaps.
jonk is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2007, 09:22 AM   #3
Night Runner
- V8 ENTHUSIAST -

Paypal is bloody fantastic!!!! My Mum used my account to buy a handbag worth $2,500 NZD. The seller claimed to have shipped it. We checked and he did indeed ship it but it got lost between his local post shop and the major depot. He was claiming that it's in NZ, so we called USPS and NZ Customs, nothing in NZ and USPS were going to start a claim case. After a few months of waiting for it to arrive and USPS doing their claim we got an email from Paypal who had conducted their investigation and decided in our favour, we got 100% of our money back. The seller on the other hand lost out, he should have used a track and trace system that was worldwide.

Love eBay & Trade-Me. Always on there, though, I'm trying to cut back as I just end up buying crap I dont really need. : 200+ 100% positive feed-backs from NZ is a good effort.

My 0.02c
Old 12-02-2007, 04:12 PM   #4
Hitman
Way over here

I use Paypal, never had a problem with it, but others have...

http://www.paypalsucks.com/
Hitman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2007, 08:29 PM   #5
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

I have my credit card hooked to my paypal so when I buy something via paypal it takes the payment direct from my credit card.... No transfering funds....

Also paypal has saved me with a seller who didn't post an item after I paid for it, paypal took my money back and then they posted the item..........

Got to love that!

BUT you should have to log into the paypal account when making a payment if you are already logged in to your ebay account........at least I think......

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Sorted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2007, 08:49 PM   #6
xwboss

I have had a similar instance and it turned out to be someone scamming the system. You should contact Ebay spoofmail and give them the link to check it out. You should not be giving your Ebay password or transfering money that i am aware of
xwboss is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2007, 11:34 PM   #7
smally289
growing up is optional

Got it all sorted. Signed out of paypal and then signed in again, put my credit card details in as before, and its working fine. Didnt ask for ebay ID this time. I think the difference was I logged into paypal via a link from ebay.
Thanks for the help guys.
smally289 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2007, 11:50 PM   #8
GXL078
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

No problem paying but I ordered an MSD 6AL from the States. I was required to lodge an item nt received claim within 45 days, which I did. The MSD finally arrived, 4 days after Paypal refunded my money, without asking me first. I had to repay the seller and we BOTH lost out due to all the currency fluctuations and exchange rates. As a result he is no longer willing to send stuff to Australia.
GXL078 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2007, 12:00 AM   #9
Annie1962
Annie

I don't have a problem with paypal.. just the other day Paypal gave me a refund for an item I didn't receive..

Today the item arrived, lol , so I emailed the seller and asked him to send me a paypal request so I can re-pay him.. poor sod, wasn't his fault.

Sounds to me that you needed to reactivate your account!
Old 13-02-2007, 12:33 AM   #10
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by smally351
Got it all sorted. Signed out of paypal and then signed in again, put my credit card details in as before, and its working fine. Didnt ask for ebay ID this time. I think the difference was I logged into paypal via a link from ebay.
Thanks for the help guys.
I correct myself, I know if I log into paypal from the link on eBay even if I am logged on to eBay when it redirects me to paypal I have to log into paypal - if that helps

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Sorted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post