Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 20-12-2006, 06:32 PM   #1
Peej

Default Stone Chips

Hi All,

My car seems to attract a few decent ones.. I've had them all touched up but was just curious, is rust really a potential problem? It's just i've always been told to get them touched up as soon as possible. Any opinions would be great.

Cheers.

Peej is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2006, 06:44 PM   #2
FOCUSonTHIS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I don't see them a big problem unless they have gone all the way through which one has on my bonnet. So I might see how much that will cost to fix up

2002 AUIII XR6
1995 EF Falcon XR6
2003 LR Focus Zetec
1989 KE Laser TX3
FOCUSonTHIS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2006, 06:50 PM   #3
Peej

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOCUSonTHIS
I don't see them a big problem unless they have gone all the way through which one has on my bonnet. So I might see how much that will cost to fix up
Yeah i just recently got one of those, the guy i use charges about $55 bucks to come out to me. There is probably cheaper but its the only one around here i could find.
Old 20-12-2006, 08:11 PM   #4
Peej

Also on the topic of paint care are you's using Buffers or good old polishing cloths?
Old 20-12-2006, 08:15 PM   #5
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

shouldnt need to buff.

You get good results from using a good ol hand polish like meguiars Xscratch. Can sometimes be a little sticky and hard to get off but it gives great results.

Then coat it with a nice few generous layers of wax. Meguirs tech wax is good
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
mitch_lx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2006, 10:21 AM   #6
photn
AFF Post NAZI

there is a guy in campbelltown that redid my tear in my bodykit and re-painted it and went all around my car and touched up all the scratch/stone chips on my car for 180......he gave me the CAN of paint afterwards as well..but the 180 was just for the TEAR and fixing ware the tear was.......

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post