Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 24-11-2006, 05:34 PM   #31
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

You're spot on about the house

Which is already being saved for...
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
mitch_lx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-11-2006, 07:33 PM   #32
0xyg3n

If anyone wants to go lower. Spax also make a set of 40mm springs. Not sure about any dealers here or the price.
0xyg3n is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-11-2006, 08:19 PM   #33
Scareybear
GRRRR.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISTA FIESTA
Ok, well thanks for everyones imput. It seems Kings is the way to go.

Wow. Does set = 2 or 4?? either way great price. I got a quote some time last year for $360 with out install. but at the moment that a bit steep for me.
Hmm ill see if a mate can get em trade price... :
That was for all four, got them through Repco, from a guy I dealt with for about 10 years. I can't even get close to that with my suppliers now, $160ish last time I got a price.
Kings 'low' are usually between 1" and 1 1/2" so 25-35mm would be about right, I think mine sits at about 30mm front and 35mm rear, its pretty much spot on with the 17's, the tyre just touches the inner plastic guard if I go up driveways on a funny angle (probably too fast too) :hihi:

If you sneeze with your eyes open, do your eyes pop out??
Scareybear is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-11-2006, 09:15 PM   #34
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch_lx
You're spot on about the house

Which is already being saved for...
Nice One Mitch, ya seem to have your head screwed on the right way, well done.

I got my first house when I was 22, back in about 1988, $97,000 mortgage, quite a lot of money in those days at 13.99% interest rate!!

Worked my backside off to meet the repayments and make some extra ones etc to get ahead, all I can say is that in the long run it's well worth all the hard work and sacrifices ya have to make.........keep saving and hang in there, I and everyone else who's been through it know what it's like, just as you try to get enough together for the deposit etc the bloody house prices keep going up!!, always seem to be just out or reach......work hard and keep at it, you'll get there.
robjh80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-11-2006, 10:38 PM   #35
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

Yeah, its never too early to get into property !!

Silly not to really.

A house wont ever really lose you money either
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
mitch_lx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-11-2006, 11:09 PM   #36
fordel
Tricolore Tard
Contributing Member

Back on track people, dont make me delete/edit more threads already

Keep it friendly guys.

Chris
Old 25-11-2006, 09:39 AM   #37
Scareybear
GRRRR.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scareybear
I got my King springs for about $125 for the set, got a great trade price (only took me nearly a year to fit them).
I wouldn't touch pedders stuff if they gave them away, I fitted a set about a month ago, a set of super lows to a DC05 Integra type R, (I couldn't get kings low enough for the customer) 2 days later the LHR spring collapsed at 100kph writing the car off. (Apparently now you cannot buy superlows for Hondas without signing a waiver.) I'll post some pics when I have time at work.

Left hand rear spring collapsed at 100kph, 3x360's and a tree later...
The owner reckons the Recaros saved thier lives.

If you sneeze with your eyes open, do your eyes pop out??
Scareybear is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2006, 03:39 AM   #38
Piotr
Non-Regular Member

If you really wanna get serious get custom made springs. You can get them build to any specification you want (As long as its physically possible). There average cost $110 per spring for linear rate and $140 for progressive (I personally don't like progressive rate springs).
Piotr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post