Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 14-11-2006, 11:35 PM   #1
cookie
BEER I NEED BEER

Default just installed cruise but wont work

hi i just installed cruise control in my car today, put the steering wheel switches in. the indicator on off switch, the wiring loom and the crusie control motor. it is in a au2 manual. all is in and when i turn it on the cruise lights up in the cluster but nothing happens carnt seem to set it or anything. i used a test light and there is power constant power to the cruise control motor but when i turn it on no other wires light up. is there a fuse or do i need to reset the computer. please guys help this is really annoying!

Old 15-11-2006, 12:04 AM   #2
bodes-sh
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i would imagine there is a fuse that needs to be put in, also i'm assuming that you hooked the wiring up for the brake and clutch to disengage the cruise?
bodes-sh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-11-2006, 12:10 AM   #3
TwistedEL
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

did you install the brake booster switch?
and if it is the same as e-series there is a clutch bypass you need to do as well (for an auto)
TwistedEL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-11-2006, 12:30 AM   #4
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Check your brake lights aren't blown - only needs one of them not to be working and the cruise won't work.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-11-2006, 12:51 AM   #5
AUIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
Check your brake lights aren't blown - only needs one of them not to be working and the cruise won't work.
Well done JC you are a wealth of knowledge. My cruise stopped working about four weeks ago I didn’t worry too much I was going to get my mechanic to have a look at my next service.

I never would have thought the brake lights would be out, just checked and all three are gone and I have been driving like this for weeks Scary… :
Old 15-11-2006, 12:56 AM   #6
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUIII
Well done JC you are a wealth of knowledge. My cruise stopped working about four weeks ago I didn’t worry too much I was going to get my mechanic to have a look at my next service.

I never would have thought the brake lights would be out, just checked and all three are gone and I have been driving like this for weeks Scary… :
Hold your applause - it may not be your problem, but if the cruise isn't working, and the brake lights also don't work, then chances are that's all it is. BUT, yhrre could be a bigger underlying problem somewhere that has blown the brake lights and taken the cruise out with it. I doubt that's the case, but you never know!
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-11-2006, 01:07 AM   #7
AUIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
Hold your applause - it may not be your problem, but if the cruise isn't working, and the brake lights also don't work, then chances are that's all it is. BUT, yhrre could be a bigger underlying problem somewhere that has blown the brake lights and taken the cruise out with it. I doubt that's the case, but you never know!
I am just glad I now know my brake lights are out I would not have thought to check them if you had not mentioned it.

Actually before the cruise went I was towing my trailer and had the lights hooked up, I noticed that cruise was selected when I started the car and it would not let me turn it off , maybe a faulty wire in my trailer caused the problem.

Thanks
Old 15-11-2006, 01:24 AM   #8
TwistedEL
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah you could have just blown a fuse

But for some reason, and I don't understand why, AU's blow bulbs very often. I have had my car since March and have replaced both brake lights, both side repeaters, one rear indicator and one front indicator. The previous owner left a stockpile in the console they go so often
TwistedEL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-11-2006, 01:07 PM   #9
cookie
BEER I NEED BEER

yeah i conected the brake and cluth wires. doesnt look like any of my bulbs are blown. do you need a different switch on the break pedal cause the wire conected straight up to the old one? which is the brake booster switch? is it the one on the pedal. i looked for a fuse spot for the crusie but there doesnt seem to be one.
any other ideas guys, can any one with cruise put some pics up of there wiring to see if i have missed anything, there was a spare 2 wire grey plug left off cause there was no where to plug it to on mycar, but the car this came off was gas so could of had somthing to do with that, where can i get a wiring diagram for the crusie to see if i need that plug or do any of you guys have this grey plug?
Old 15-11-2006, 03:33 PM   #10
bodes-sh
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

give this a go http://www.fordforums.com.au/photos/...cat=697&page=1

according to that diagram the plug you have left over is the cruise control brake pressure switch, probably the one from the master cylinder, a 2 grey wire plug, click the diagram to make it bigger then check the top left hand corner of it
bodes-sh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-11-2006, 08:09 PM   #11
cookie
BEER I NEED BEER

thanks ill have to look into that and see if i can get the other side of it. im guessing it conects to the brake booster or something has anyone got some pics of in there engine bay with cruise up in that corner
Old 15-11-2006, 08:54 PM   #12
AUXRVIII
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It's a pressure switch that screws into the brake master cylinder, a blanking bolt has to be removed to fit it.
AUXRVIII is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-11-2006, 09:05 PM   #13
cookie
BEER I NEED BEER

thanks very much guys will have to pick one up and then see if it works
Old 16-11-2006, 11:21 PM   #14
cookie
BEER I NEED BEER

thanks to evey one hey that was the problem and i got the bit and all is good now i have cruise for the first time in my life and it is aursome. thanks heaps guys.