Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 25-10-2006, 12:53 PM   #91
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppet
What about the talk on there about getting the girl back for getting them in trouble. I dont think these pin heads realise the huge pile of poo they have got themselves in and I dont think they realise what would happen to them if they did go after the girl.
Yep, I can't believe that they'd want to get people back because they've done something wrong.

I also find it hard to believe that they're going to support this guy even though what he did was 120% wrong.
Old 25-10-2006, 01:15 PM   #92
Dazza XLT
Back in a Ford

I won't post the article here, but just spotted this on Ninemsn
Police raid Werribee home over abuse DVD
http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=155021
Old 25-10-2006, 01:29 PM   #93
GTjake

Yours is certainly the voice of reason. You obviously have faith in the criminal justice system.

I, and it seems an awful lot of others do not anymore.
Far too often the criminal is let off or receives an astoundingly light sentence.
Whats 'life' in prison these days? 7 years with parole! What a *** joke. A sick joke.

You say let the police do there jobs. Fair 'nuff. I have no doubt they will.
The courts however will likely let as all down again. I would be happy to be proven wrong.
The judges and prosecutors are the ones failing us. Not the lawyers.

Checks and balances eh?
A security guard is charged with murder for shooting a robber?
A known crime boss shoots a known hitman with an illegal firearm and is charged with murder?
Sorry, balances?

You live in fairyland if you think everything is OK 'cause the government is looking after us.
Old 25-10-2006, 02:18 PM   #94
Kapn_Kiwi
It is hard...

I agree with 4.9. Whilst these are truly despicable acts, vigilante justice surely is even worse than the too-lenient system you guys are putting down. As Gandhi said, An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.
After reading that guy's myspace, I'm thinking these kids are half revelling in it, half shitting themselves. I'm hoping these kids at the very least see the inside of a jail cell.
And, somehow, I doubt that girl was enjoying 12 guys urinating on her. I find it highly unlikely that she'd be willing to undertake some of the other stuff described, but being set alight and being urinated on aren't things I'd think many people would enjoy. Just my own justification for presumption of guilt.
Old 25-10-2006, 02:28 PM   #95
boss-290

this quote is sickening....

Quote:
they have just helped u the **** outtttt nowyou c an sell so more ******* copies because you got free advertising hahaaaaaaa wooooooo and if they try any funny **** you can use the money to fight them hey man ill hook my cousins in romania up aswell we will get this shi world wide hahahah we are thugs in the making picking o ppl that cant efend themselves onto us hahahha what a gay ****ig ***** soooooooooo anyway when is **** the movie 2 comming out
Old 25-10-2006, 02:35 PM   #96
4.9 EF Futura
Official AFF conservative

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTjake
Yours is certainly the voice of reason. You obviously have faith in the criminal justice system.

I, and it seems an awful lot of others do not anymore.
Far too often the criminal is let off or receives an astoundingly light sentence.
Whats 'life' in prison these days? 7 years with parole! What a *** joke. A sick joke.

You say let the police do there jobs. Fair 'nuff. I have no doubt they will.
The courts however will likely let as all down again. I would be happy to be proven wrong.
The judges and prosecutors are the ones failing us. Not the lawyers.

Checks and balances eh?
A known crime boss shoots a known hitman with an illegal firearm and is charged with murder?
Sorry, balances?

You live in fairyland if you think everything is OK 'cause the government is looking after us.
Hi Jake.

I actually have dwindling faith in the system, but accept and agree with the importance of the principles involved.

Quote:
A security guard was also charged with killing David Hookes. Nothing is black and white. On face value, both scenarios would appear to be similar.

So.. jake, we should allow you to decide who is charged with what? And what punishment will be administered? And i'm the one living a fairy tale?

I think not.

This, my friend, is exactly what the system is designed to prevent. And i for one am glad.

The system is not perfect, but it's far superior to what you're proposing.
Old 25-10-2006, 02:37 PM   #97
xe351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i hope they are all found guilty and put into tiny jail cells with a big homosexual rapist
Old 25-10-2006, 02:57 PM   #98
Scareybear
GRRRR.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Fire
The myspace page for the director of the movie. The comments section is full of girls supporting him. Strange town.

click
One way for us all let him know how we feel....

If you sneeze with your eyes open, do your eyes pop out??
Old 25-10-2006, 03:11 PM   #99
GTjake

strange you equate someones dissatisfaction with the courts as an urge to become a dictator.
I propose no system but the one which was intended.
That everyone may seek justice and have faith it will be imposed fairly for all. No matter how much money you do or dont have.
Thats it.

BTW Whats with your inferral that the girl may have led them on therefore this should be taken into account?
Old 25-10-2006, 03:16 PM   #100
Poetic Justice
NOT A TOYOTA :/

It's just hard to figure out how a persons brain can trigger the ability to do such a thing to hurt another person. Why can't people live their own life, enjoy their life for the good things that can be around?

HOW can one person decide another person should be treated in such a way?

I don't believe in such retaliation, but I'd love to even get the kids who did it remotely close to feeling what she might have felt to show them what they are doing.
Old 25-10-2006, 03:18 PM   #101
GTjake

Why do they do these things?
IMNSHO:
(a) they're evil
(b) they can
Old 25-10-2006, 03:21 PM   #102
hoppo366

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTjake
Why do they do these things?
IMNSHO:
(a) they're evil
(b) they can
I'd say its because there evil not just because they can, anyine can do anyhting if they won't its our morals and fear of punishment that stop us.