Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 18-09-2006, 06:01 PM   #31
OldManGhia

Finally got the oxygen sensor replaced. Cost $79 off Ebay, anyway I'll let you know if there is any improvement or not especially with LPG.
OldManGhia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-09-2006, 07:48 PM   #32
SIKSIX
Its gone V

yeah i changed mine recently got it from repco for $85, (ford quoted $368 for the part alone).

What i noticed is a bit better low down in 3rd 4th 5th, and all round a better smoother running.

And yeah i just went to repco and said i need a oxy sensor for an au 6 and they gave it to me with the plug.( i think thats how all the bosch ones come.
SIKSIX is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-09-2006, 09:51 PM   #33
Crash Lander

I didn't know manual steppers were illegal now! The nightmare Pajero I just off-loaded had a faulty lpg computer, which was gonna cost around $500 to replace, so the mechanic just disconnected it, which he said just turned my automatic stepper motor into a manual one. ie: The LPG consuption would be constant, rather than go up and down when the engine demanded. He said it would have to be hooked up and working if I ever wanted to get a road worthy certificate, but otherwise, the car would be fine, apart from using a bit more gas.
The car gave me no end of trouble, and I ended up putting a second hand engine in it. We couldn't get it runnin g right, and it kept back firing. We replaced just about everything, except the O2 sensor. I sent the car back to where I got the engine from, to try and find the problem. They said it was the fact that the automatic stepper was buggered, and, this is where this long story becomes relevent, they fitted a manual one!!!! Now, this didn't fix the problem, so they put the old auto one back on, but the fact remains, a workshop actually fitted a NEW manual one, so they can't be illegal.
Old 19-09-2006, 11:17 AM   #34
BIRRAK
Starter Motor

Reading the above this sounds like a good idea, have a fairmont wagon at 128k's and bet the O2 sensor has not been replaced.
I noticed mention that the ECU should be reset?. Can someone please elaborate on this. Will this effect anything else and how easy is it to do?
thanks all.
BIRRAK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-09-2006, 11:53 AM   #35
james22
With da Warlords

I wouldnt worry about resetting your ecu, your car will remap and learn the changes anyway. But if you want to do it, there is a link at the aufalcon.com website

www.aufalcon.com/tech/techECU.htm

For Sale: Parachute. Only used once, never opened, small stain.

Windsor Warlords
AU III XR-8220
300+ rwhp of Manual fun

XR50T Ute - 300rwkw (give or take depending on the day)
james22 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2006, 10:30 PM   #36
OldManGhia

Its been a couple of weeks since I changed the O2 sensor. What I can say is that the car runs much better on petrol than it did before. But since the change on gas it takes a bit to get it started. Starts then stalls after a couple of seconds. Once its going it runs just fine. I'm going to reset he ECU and if its no better I think I will see a gas man & get it serviced. Gas mileage has only improved slightly.
OldManGhia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2006, 12:08 AM   #37
Baboon_AU
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

ford genuine parts for 02's are very expensive. buy a bosh if you can.. i got mine for $60 with a trade discount at coventrys. but dont buy the generic sensors as you have to cut your existing wires and solder on the new wires.. its a PITA.

and AU98C-Wagon, the gas computer needs to be reset and gas places can do up to AU S1's but ford have to do S2 onwards as ford wont sell them the programs to do S2... i know as i had to get mine reset before my dyno tune tomorrow.

1981 XD Fairmont 351 - 351 Cleveland, ARP bolts, flat top pistons, Stage 3 Dynotec cam, ported 2V heads with 4V valves, Roller Rockers, Weiand manifold, Mighty Demon, 1/2" fuel lines with blue Holley fuel pump, Crane hi-6 ignition, B&M megashifter, C4, hi-stall, shift kit, 3.77 Ford 9" LSD.

Thanks to: EvilChief and SJW Performance
Baboon_AU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post