Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 21-09-2006, 10:46 AM   #1
AussieJason

Question Service Advisor Job Advice

I've been offered a job as a service advisor at a Ford, Nissan etc... dealership. The pay offer is a little lower than what I am getting now, but I get a company car, and the pay will probably increase to what I am getting now in 3 months.

What I really want to know is, is it a good job? Is anyone here in a similar job and enjoying it?

I'm sure it will have it's good and bad times / customers like any job, but I was wondering what experiences you have had. Thanks in advance !

Previous Falcons:
2003 BA Falcon XL Ute White
1994 EF Falcon GLi Aqua

bseries.com.au Member

And drive a Holden company car...
AussieJason is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-09-2006, 10:57 AM   #2
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If your a people person its a great job, I did it for arround 2 years and although not essential i found the fact that I was a spanner ****er orrignaly, helped me when explaining things to customers. The bigest down side is you are the meat in the sandwich and when a person hopes in there car after some grubby apprentice has left grease marks on the seat or arround the door handels is the worst part of the job, and like any job you have the crap with everyone internaly expecting miricles in regards to up sells

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)
The Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post