Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 18-04-2006, 01:29 AM   #1
ToxikXR
you've been dubbed..

Angry Nigerian Email Scam.. The Next Level

Gday all,

For all of those who know a little on the nigerian email scams.. They have now gone ebay..!

How do you know you ask?

I just experienced it.. I had a item on ebay for sale. $350 starting bid or $500 buy it now. This person bought the buy it now with many days remaining. Fair enough.. This person had just joined ebay today and has no feedback. Fair enough..

For those familiar with ebay.. When you buy something the seller will send an invoice containing a secure link to the sellers account details..

I get a reply email from the buyer saying they dont know how to use ebay and want the bank account details sent via email along with my full name and dob. WHAT THE ИИИИИИ!

The user has an australian residential address, but says they are living in the UK. I asked why the aussie address, they said they have been here before. ?? They then asked for international postage as they want to send it as a present to their pastor from church.. in which country.. you guessed it... NIGERIA...

What the hell!!!

I did not give my account details via email, but there must be some encryption software that stops these ****as from cracking into your bank account through ebay..

APR Turbo Back Exhaust, APR Torque Arm Insert, APR ECU, APR Fuel Pump, Oettinger Bodykit, Oettinger Intercooler, Oettinger RXX 19x8.5 Wheels, Dbilas Cold Air Induction, Neuspeed Front & Rear Swaybars, Forge Diverter Valve
Anthracite Leather, Sat Nav, Xenons, DSG, Sunroof, 20% Tint
ToxikXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2006, 01:37 AM   #2
Falcon_Phill
1967 XR Falcon

If you let people with 0 feedback bid, then you have to expect them to be retarded and have no idea whats going on with ebay, or it being some sought of scam.
Old 18-04-2006, 06:56 AM   #3
BlueRaven
Dual O2 sensors

Did you ever read about the church of the red breast?

http://www.419eater.com/html/joe_eboh.htm
Old 18-04-2006, 08:44 AM   #4
Pedro
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks for posting that BlueRaven. I couldn't help reading it to the end. It must be one of the greatest scam baits of all time. The questions on the "Western Union security validation form" made me laugh so much I had tears in my eyes.
Heccy sure was a tenacious negotiator.
Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2006, 10:44 AM   #5
Perana
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah I have noticed a number of sellers specifically stating that they will not ship to Africa or Nigeria..

The Anus laptops scambaits have to be some of the best..

http://thescambaiter.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1132 this ones pretty good... over a year and still going !
Perana is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2006, 01:02 PM   #6
Falcon_Phill
1967 XR Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perana XR8
Yeah I have noticed a number of sellers specifically stating that they will not ship to Africa or Nigeria..

The Anus laptops scambaits have to be some of the best..

http://thescambaiter.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1132 this ones pretty good... over a year and still going !
OMFG that is hilarious. The anus washing machine and the photos HAHAHHAHAHAHA e e e
Old 18-04-2006, 02:04 PM   #7
ToxikXR
you've been dubbed..

Haha that is the funniest crap I have ever read..
APR Turbo Back Exhaust, APR Torque Arm Insert, APR ECU, APR Fuel Pump, Oettinger Bodykit, Oettinger Intercooler, Oettinger RXX 19x8.5 Wheels, Dbilas Cold Air Induction, Neuspeed Front & Rear Swaybars, Forge Diverter Valve
Old 18-04-2006, 02:36 PM   #8
Boosted2

i just had the same thing happen to me, selling a microtech computer and this person bought it for $600 buy it know, said living in uk, pay via canada bank wire and post to mate in nigeria.Busted them so reposted the item and within 3 hours they had a diffrent user name but same senario, when through the same crap again.
Boosted2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2006, 02:51 PM   #9
ToxikXR
you've been dubbed..

Update: Reported user to ebay, they are no longer a registered user (will probably get another username anyway) and got my final value fee credited. Pain in the *** as I had a few bidders and watchers and now have zero..
Old 18-04-2006, 03:10 PM   #10
blutura
ZX-6R & Falcon pilot

same thing happened to me early on in my ebaying career ToxikXR.

Its easy to fix, just go into your selling preferences and tick the box that says 'Ignore bids from outside australia' or somethat like that anyway. Haven't had any problems since.

You can only have two.
blutura is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2006, 07:31 PM   #11
Van D
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

hahaha, that site is funny ИИИИ!
Van D is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2006, 08:16 PM   #12
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blutura
'Ignore bids from outside australia' or somethat like that anyway. Haven't had any problems since.
What happens if they ebayer has registered with an aussie address, you can go into and log onto eBay Aus worldwide and log on with your aussie id.

I just has some one buy it now with zero feedback but has an aussie address

But I have had Zero feedbacks buy off me before no problems

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Sorted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2006, 08:30 PM   #13
new2ford
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That is just brilliant BlueRaven! A couple of years ago a Nigerian diplomat was shot dead in Europe by someone who'd been ripped off - but this obviously missed the real culprit. That guy was so thorough working the bugger over - what patience!
Old 19-04-2006, 02:51 AM   #14
InitialD
Low and Loud

Bwhahaha that Joe Eboh is a laugh and a half :P

Got to love the fact the cast of fraser seems to have many alias's :P

1993 Ford Falcon XR6 Poly Green Stationwagon - 4.0 I6, Auto, 3:45LSD, All the usual XR6 Stuff but in a wagon :
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2006, 03:12 AM   #15
new2ford
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

There's plenty more where that came from: http://www.419eater.com/html/letters.htm

The adult rated one is hilarious, where she gets the randy spammer to send a naked photo of himself and then posts it on a gay website with his name. Priceless.

Wish somebody could do this to all the spam that comes flooding in nowadays. Its basically ruined the internet. Apart from the extortionists, don't the ones trying to sell something realise that people like me blacklist anything that comes in by spam or telephone marketing (Optus please note). Unfortunately there must be enough suckers who respond to make it worthwhile for the spammers.