Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 17-03-2006, 01:16 PM   #1
Mr Cube
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Live for Speed - Online Race Sim

http://www.liveforspeed.net/

Anyone play this or get into it.. Im sitting at work found it, want to download and play but can't here. Have to wait till I get home. But was wondering in the meantime if anyone on here is already playing it

AUI VCT:
To date - Big brake upgrade, Koni and Kings all round, 2.5 cat back ready for replacing, 19" again ready for replacing.

Planned - Too much now I got the baby back.
Mr Cube is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2006, 01:39 PM   #2
Dazza XLT
Back in a Ford

I haven't heard of it, but will give it a crack at home later on i reckon!
Old 17-03-2006, 02:01 PM   #3
wiresquire
Banned

Yeah, I played it a while ago.

If you like that, you might want to check out Racer. It's free. IMHO, racer was more realistic. That is if you really want a sim rather than arcade game.

Racer can be a bit dodgy to set up. Sometimes the cars/tracks are wrecked when a new version comes out. The forums are pretty good and helpful.

It shows a lot of promise....

Cheers
ws
wiresquire is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2006, 02:05 PM   #4
Dazza XLT
Back in a Ford

Sweet! Sounds good!
Old 17-03-2006, 03:23 PM   #5
Mr Cube
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

cool I will check both of em out

AUI VCT:
To date - Big brake upgrade, Koni and Kings all round, 2.5 cat back ready for replacing, 19" again ready for replacing.

Planned - Too much now I got the baby back.
Mr Cube is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2006, 05:36 PM   #6
Blue Oval Mopar Man
Has Blue Blood

Yes I play live for speed. Its way better than any xbox or PS games .

I'm not arrogent , Just superior
Blue Oval Mopar Man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-03-2006, 01:29 AM   #7
K_Man
Whoa, this is heavy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiresquire

If you like that, you might want to check out Racer. It's free. IMHO, racer was more realistic. That is if you really want a sim rather than arcade game.
Really? I found LFS to be much more realistic, especially after i set up manual clutch on the joystick throttle. Unfortunately it's just the one track in the demo, but it's still heaps of fun tryin to get those lap times down online with different car setups.
Old 18-03-2006, 02:54 AM   #8
seano14
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

lfs is the only thing which has held onto me over the last few years. dont have a heck of alot of time to play games but it's an addictive sucker
seano14 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-03-2006, 03:14 AM   #9
seano14
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

also s2 craps on racer bigtime as far as realism goes. live for speed truely shines when you play it online against good people.
seano14 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-03-2006, 03:42 AM   #10
Big Mike
Acid Rush XB Coupe

I'm playing GT Legends and find that to be the most realistic sim I've played. And, its fully supported online too.

I've had a few nights here with a projector and wheel/pedals; running a 4.3 metre (diagonal) image, and it absolutely rocks.

The game starts off with a Lotus Cortina and a Mini Cooper S, and you work your way through the career mode to get more cars - there are 95 extremely accurate cars including DeTomaso Pantera and GT40.

Made by SimBin - who made GTR, and though not quite as "blingy" as NFS MW - it looks adequate, animates beautifully, and the physics is unreal.

I find nothing endearing about that Racer crap. Its not arcade sure, but its nothing like "real".
Big Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-03-2006, 09:19 AM   #11
Ultimate
Pimp Daddy Pimp Pimp

Location: Queensland Events Assistant Co-Ordinator. Fiery's Little Helper

Yer i still like the sim mode you unlocked on gt 1 back on the ps2 the best
---------------------------------------------------
AFF Merchandise

Excellent Purchases With: AFF Team, Rooster, Russ
Ultimate is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-03-2006, 09:39 AM   #12
SWOOP
XRSVO

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiresquire

Racer can be a bit dodgy to set up. Sometimes the cars/tracks are wrecked when a new version comes out. The forums are pretty good and helpful.

It shows a lot of promise....

Cheers
ws
been stuffing round with RACER for 3 years plus ,great way of learning 3d ,game engines etc etc

now I use GTR/RFACTOR , I have had for a while built my self a dodgy ИИИИpit and mate is this SIM full on
waiting for my copy of GT ledgends <<<< cand get anywhere????

check it out
SWOOP is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-03-2006, 09:50 AM   #13
Ultimate
Pimp Daddy Pimp Pimp

Did gt legends come out with some adware or spyware or trojan or something
AFF Merchandise

Old 18-03-2006, 11:02 AM   #14
Blue Oval Mopar Man
Has Blue Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Mike
I'm playing GT Legends and find that to be the most realistic sim I've played. And, its fully supported online too.

I've had a few nights here with a projector and wheel/pedals; running a 4.3 metre (diagonal) image, and it absolutely rocks.

The game starts off with a Lotus Cortina and a Mini Cooper S, and you work your way through the career mode to get more cars - there are 95 extremely accurate cars including DeTomaso Pantera and GT40.

Made by SimBin - who made GTR, and though not quite as "blingy" as NFS MW - it looks adequate, animates beautifully, and the physics is unreal.

I find nothing endearing about that Racer crap. Its not arcade sure, but its nothing like "real".
Yes GT legends is an awsome game . My mate has it and I was driving the Pantera at hockenhiem. Great race but I spun off on the first lap of the race after getting rubbed by a couple of porches. managed to get back up to 5th again out of 17 cars.

I'm not arrogent , Just superior
Blue Oval Mopar Man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-03-2006, 11:46 AM   #15
Ultimate
Pimp Daddy Pimp Pimp

Yer about that spyware my mate installed it and got 3 things from it so i recommend virus check and adware search after install
AFF Merchandise

Old 18-03-2006, 11:48 AM   #16
M14A-Mclaren
Foo Fighter

When I got it, which was quite a while ago it was because everyone on ff.com was raving about it and I thought it was utter crap, might be better now.
M14A-Mclaren is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-03-2006, 02:32 AM   #17
Big Mike
Acid Rush XB Coupe

Spyware? No. GT Legends uses the latest Starforce and other protection software to protect its copywrite. Machines bogged down with really outdated virus protection will not only take forever, but also "think" GT Legends is installing nasty stuff; as it makes multiple entries in the registry, updates Starforce drivers, etc. etc. Its not considered cocha by many old anti-spyware things that assume its installing problems, when in fact its just trying to convince Windows to let it run.

And like their previous game GTR a few years back, GT Legends is at the forefront of anti-crack security; thus it is EXTREMELY difficult to get around if you want to run it from an image rather than an original disk. Rather than suggest I dowloaded an illegal copy, lets assume I have a legit copy, but as I attend LANs I choose to run all my games from images on the hdd instead of carting dozens of DVDs wherever I go. It took quite some perseverance to get around the games' security, and having achieved all that I can assure you if you don't have the latest fully compatible drivers - and I even mean motherboard chipset controllers, not just video drivers, you will have a hard time getting any satisfaction out of it.

BlueOvalMoparMan: 5th from 17, after crashing out is an awesome effort. But, what mode was it in? I seem to be unbeatable in Semi-Pro, so now I always race in full Professional mode - it makes it VERY difficult to remain competitive, AND not kill the car!! I had a habit of flogging the GT40's rings off to try and keep up with Pantera's and the like, only to find engine components failing before the first pit stop!! Nice and smooth - and keep an eye on all the guages just like a real car. Keep practicing and you'll be able to catch the car in a slide after being bumped around a bit.
Big Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post