Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-03-2008, 01:13 AM   #1
zing

Default Lack of power/poor acceleration

Hey guys,

havent made a post here in awhile. Heres my dilemma, i have had this problem with the fiesta for quite some time.
It has just become more evident to me in the last 6 months or so. The problem is poor torque/power delivery from acceleration from standstill. Especially evident in first gear.

For example today, i was at the traffic lights, next to me a hyundai excel, not trying to race the other driver or anything, but id expect to get off the line much perkier than an excel. However this was not the case, i changed at around 3500 rpm, nothing rapid, the excel was well ahead of me and kept goin after i changed into 2nd. Once again im not racing anybody, and the excel driver didnt look/sound like he was belting his car around.

This was not the only case as i encounter situations like this frequently daily, getz, excels, old corollas, 2's, jazz's and swifts sometimes even! pull away from me all the time! hey id expect to be out-accelerated by big engine cars like faclons, camrys, commodores etc.

When i first got the car the situation wasn't as bad as it is now, but it has not been the perkiest car out on the road. I have had the 30K service but I did not know any different at the time and didnt mention anything about the problem (as i didnt know the problem was as evident to me then, as it is today).

Do you guys have any ways to explain, or any theories that could help?

Cheers