Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 13-05-2016, 12:04 PM   #61
kaniSS
BIG MEMBER ;)

Default Re: Copped a fine from the EPA...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pis-ton broke View Post
f&^k you. i was trying to talk about a serious problem.
So we have moved onto personal attacks over the internetz now? really?
Old 13-05-2016, 12:10 PM   #62
mike_nofx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaniSS
new age sensitive pansie types.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaniSS View Post
So we have moved onto personal attacks over the internetz now? really?
Seems like you started it?

What do you call someone who whines on internet forums and requests people "keep it to yourself"? Sensitive Pansie is probably a good start.
mike_nofx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 13-05-2016, 12:22 PM   #63
kaniSS
BIG MEMBER ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_nofx View Post
Seems like you started it?

What do you call someone who whines on internet forums and requests people "keep it to yourself"? Sensitive Pansie is probably a good start.
Quote:
like one of those new age sensitive pansie types
Seems like it.
Old 13-05-2016, 02:53 PM   #64
Jack91
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'd fight it till the end. Even if you did it, it's still total crap that someone can just dob you in and you're guilty. Y
Jack91 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2016, 03:07 PM   #65
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack91 View Post
I'd fight it till the end. Even if you did it
Why would you fight something you are guilty of?? Makes no sense, is it because you are unable to face the consequences of your actions??

Would be good to hear from the OP to see what the outcome was/is, or what is happening with it.

The Week End Bruiser : FPV BF GT 40th Anniversary, 6 Speed Manual, 6/4 Brembo and lots of Herrod goodies

Project 1 : '75 XB GS 351 Ute, Toploader, 9" with 3.5's

Project 2 : '74 XB GS Big Block Coupe, Toploader, 9" with 4.11's

In Storage : '74 XB GS 351 Fairmont Sedan

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

XB GS 351 Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 13-05-2016, 03:33 PM   #66
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XB GS 351 Coupe View Post
Why would you fight something you are guilty of?? Makes no sense
On principle? Your accuser should provide evidence of your crime. You shouldnt have to waste time/money to defend a spurious accusation.

Search on this topic, and you find people going to silly lengths to demonstrate their innocence, like multiple witness statements, affidavit from doctors saying the person was a non-smoker, etc.
b0son is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 13-05-2016, 04:17 PM   #67
Trump
bitch lasagne

Kids play nice. I've said it elsewhere, attack the argument/point, not the arguer.
Trump is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 13-05-2016, 04:25 PM   #68
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0son View Post
On principle? Your accuser should provide evidence of your crime. You shouldnt have to waste time/money to defend a spurious accusation.

Search on this topic, and you find people going to silly lengths to demonstrate their innocence, like multiple witness statements, affidavit from doctors saying the person was a non-smoker, etc.
I think you missed the point, he said if he did it he would fight it. I say if you did it own up and cop it on the chin.

Every fine I have ever gotten I paid without hesitation as I was guilty of what ever it was, I fought one in court because I actually did not do it.

And ended up getting off after stating my case. So if you did it just cop it, if you did not do it fight it, pretty simple stuff really.

The Week End Bruiser : FPV BF GT 40th Anniversary, 6 Speed Manual, 6/4 Brembo and lots of Herrod goodies

Project 1 : '75 XB GS 351 Ute, Toploader, 9" with 3.5's

Project 2 : '74 XB GS Big Block Coupe, Toploader, 9" with 4.11's

In Storage : '74 XB GS 351 Fairmont Sedan

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

XB GS 351 Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2016, 04:40 PM   #69
mike_nofx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

I understand the system can be unfair, inaccurate and open to be abused.

I actually feel dash cam evidence should be necessary.

And hey, I wish there were an organisation to report drivers in the right lane on freeways who refuse to move. I'd have reported at least 4 this morning with video evidence.
Old 13-05-2016, 09:35 PM   #70
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_nofx View Post
I understand the system can be unfair, inaccurate and open to be abused.

I actually feel dash cam evidence should be necessary.

And hey, I wish there were an organisation to report drivers in the right lane on freeways who refuse to move. I'd have reported at least 4 this morning with video evidence.
Hope this gives you a smile ... witnessed someone getting pulled over for not keeping left on the M7 ... was a nice morning seeing this on the way home from work ... while everyone else was stuck in traffic going the other way
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2016, 10:26 PM   #71
wackyv8
wackyv8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechan1k View Post
Hope this gives you a smile ... witnessed someone getting pulled over for not keeping left on the M7 ... was a nice morning seeing this on the way home from work ... while everyone else was stuck in traffic going the other way
sorry to be off topic , but -mechanik ,are you sure ? , im curious ,as this would be the first recorded case ,that ive ever heard of , of a person being pulled over for that. and can i say - about bloody time ! this issue need a new thread.
wackyv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2016, 10:28 PM   #72
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Yeah ... followed the same group of cars from North Ryde M2 ... and finally just after the start of the M7 over the rise past the 2nd Windsor Rd Exit ... Police Pulled to the left lane ... sat back a little ... and then pulled back in behind ... disco lights.

Everyone was doing the limit (even in the roadworks Zone through M2 as well).
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2016, 10:57 PM   #73
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XB GS 351 Coupe View Post
I think you missed the point, he said if he did it he would fight it. I say if you did it own up and cop it on the chin.
And I say on principle, no. If a law is unjust, whether we are guilty or innocent, it is our civic duty to make it as difficult as possible for that law to be applied.

Quote:
And ended up getting off after stating my case. So if you did it just cop it, if you did not do it fight it, pretty simple stuff really.
How many people cop it on the chin even when they didn't do it, don't defend it because they don't have the time/money to do so? Why should only one team play by the rules?
Old 13-05-2016, 11:37 PM   #74
chamb0
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
How many people cop it on the chin even when they didn't do it, don't defend it because they don't have the time/money to do so? Why should only one team play by the rules?
In Vic 64% of reports to the EPA end up with a fine. About 85-90% of all reports relate to cigarette butts.

I've reported someone for throwing a glowing butt from their car. It was in the height of summer, hot windy day, driving through tinder dry hilly forest on the outskirts of Melbourne. I can't understand why people actually do that.

There needs to be some system in place to heavily discourage that behaviour - how else could it be done effectively?
Old 14-05-2016, 02:41 PM   #75
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamb0 View Post
There needs to be some system in place to heavily discourage that behaviour - how else could it be done effectively?
Ban smoking in cars. If phones are a distraction, so are smokes.

Better yet, just ban smoking outright. It provides no net benefit to society, just a huge cost burden.
Old 14-05-2016, 04:15 PM   #76
Trump
bitch lasagne

Quote:
Ban smoking in cars. If phones are a distraction, so are smokes.

Better yet, just ban smoking outright. It provides no net benefit to society, just a huge cost burden.
I was taking the p1$$ when I said to ban smoking in cars. Banning smoking would result in a massive hit to the govco bottom line, something they won't want to happen. Not only that, prohibition will just drive it underground and turn it into the runt version of marijuana.
Trump is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2016, 05:58 PM   #77
Adamz Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It's already banned if kids are in the car as it should be. Wonder if it's ever actually enforced.
Adamz Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2016, 05:59 PM   #78
fordomatic
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loud_Noises View Post
I was taking the p1$$ when I said to ban smoking in cars. Banning smoking would result in a massive hit to the govco bottom line, something they won't want to happen. Not only that, prohibition will just drive it underground and turn it into the runt version of marijuana.
The government has spent a shed load of money doing studies into this over the last 10 years. Long story cut as short as i can.

The price of smokes has risen which has made a lot of people stop, some people still keep smoking but now it is a minority. The cost to provide smoke related sickness healthcare to smokers was proven to cost the government more per person than they were making on the smoke tax.

So by raising the price of smokes it has reduced the number of smokers, which reduces the cost to smoke related health issues. The small minority that still smoke pay the ridiculous prices which still gives them the tax money they were making before but doesn't cost as much for healthcare as it is a reduced number of smokers.

They also found that the majority of smokers are in the lower class (welfare) of society, so it's costing them a lot with that for healthcare as they are not insured with private health.

Hopefully that all makes sense

On a side note, I am in the Army and 10 years ago everyone but me in my section of 9 smoked and in my platoon of 30 there was only 4 of us that didn't smoke. Now in a platoon of 30 you would be lucky to find 3 or 4 smokers. Society has slowly started to stop smoking as they realise the health effects it has.
fordomatic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2016, 11:42 AM   #79
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Awful lot of things to do with road rules these days completely throw the old "innocent until proven guilty" premise.

It's now up to you to try and prove your innocence, and they make it as hard as possible for you to even attempt this.

How can some do-gooder numpty on a phone app cause you to get an official fine???
2011G6E is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2016, 06:49 PM   #80
mike_nofx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordomatic View Post
The government has spent a shed load of money doing studies into this over the last 10 years. Long story cut as short as i can.

The price of smokes has risen which has made a lot of people stop, some people still keep smoking but now it is a minority. The cost to provide smoke related sickness healthcare to smokers was proven to cost the government more per person than they were making on the smoke tax.

So by raising the price of smokes it has reduced the number of smokers, which reduces the cost to smoke related health issues. The small minority that still smoke pay the ridiculous prices which still gives them the tax money they were making before but doesn't cost as much for healthcare as it is a reduced number of smokers.

They also found that the majority of smokers are in the lower class (welfare) of society, so it's costing them a lot with that for healthcare as they are not insured with private health.

Hopefully that all makes sense

On a side note, I am in the Army and 10 years ago everyone but me in my section of 9 smoked and in my platoon of 30 there was only 4 of us that didn't smoke. Now in a platoon of 30 you would be lucky to find 3 or 4 smokers. Society has slowly started to stop smoking as they realise the health effects it has.
Possibly a problem is that even if smoking was outlawed as of today, the healthcare costs will still be a burden for at least 10 more years for those who smoked up until today.

Since governments only seem to look short term, thats a big cut to take, losing cigarette tax income but still paying for the negative health effects for 10 years.
Old 16-05-2016, 06:51 PM   #81
mike_nofx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011G6E View Post
Awful lot of things to do with road rules these days completely throw the old "innocent until proven guilty" premise.

It's now up to you to try and prove your innocence, and they make it as hard as possible for you to even attempt this.

How can some do-gooder numpty on a phone app cause you to get an official fine???
Probably the crime stoppers phone service should be cut too, and anti terrorism hotlines.

Hey, as someone else mentioned, even if guilty you should make it as hard as possible for them to catch you.

Quote:
And I say on principle, no. If a law is unjust, whether we are guilty or innocent, it is our civic duty to make it as difficult as possible for that law to be applied.