Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 25-07-2014, 11:54 AM   #1
chess_man2
Starter Motor

Default Sir Bryan

To all those posts regarding the XY GTHO Phase111`s that were painted in the one off colour"Royal Umber"- I was the last registered owner of this car. I have the letter of Authenticity from Ford Motor Company stating such. It was stolen, running gear recovered but never the shell, compliance plate etc,etc.

As you would understand I would love any information or leads on this car I owned- a handsome reward is offered. All information stays with me if so desired. Thank you all- Bryan

chess_man2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-07-2014, 11:57 AM   #2
chess_man2
Starter Motor

Default Re: Sir Bryan

This car also had a sunroof fitted. I think from memory- it was from a Melbourne company called Hollandia or similar....there were 3 XY GTs also painted in this colour I believe. But only one Phase111
Old 25-07-2014, 12:12 PM   #3
cheap
Wirlankarra yanama

I know the feeling! I had a XWGT stollen 20 years ago. Found the block and shell but nothing else, turned out to be an organised gang aided by corrupt cops. I swear I still see my parts on numerous GT's, but without proof I just have to bite my tongue. I bought another but these days I keep a much lower profile with the GT.
cheap is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 25-07-2014, 12:22 PM   #4
chess_man2
Starter Motor

You know the feeling well like me then. The offenders were caught, but a girl was the only one charged as they only recovered the motor etc in another car. she was just charged with receiving stolen goods. She had a few mates around her at the court case- no doubt to me it was them. Of all things, the case was the day the Russell St bomb went off!. The police contacted me and asked if I could identify 14 things on the motor I could identify. I could. It had crower roller rockers etc fitted. Scratched the paint- which they had done a god job of painting a very dark blue- and seen the blue I painted it. I spent 5 years rebuilding the whole car. It was on the road 5 weeks only. Stolen from right outside the Alfred Hospital - under a main light in Commercial Road, Prahran..
Old 25-07-2014, 12:29 PM   #5
cheap
Wirlankarra yanama

Quote:
Originally Posted by chess_man2 View Post
You know the feeling well like me then. The offenders were caught, but a girl was the only one charged as they only recovered the motor etc in another car. she was just charged with receiving stolen goods. She had a few mates around her at the court case- no doubt to me it was them. Of all things, the case was the day the Russell St bomb went off!. The police contacted me and asked if I could identify 14 things on the motor I could identify. I could. It had crower roller rockers etc fitted. Scratched the paint- which they had done a god job of painting a very dark blue- and seen the blue I painted it. I spent 5 years rebuilding the whole car. It was on the road 5 weeks only. Stolen from right outside the Alfred Hospital - under a main light in Commercial Road, Prahran..
Sounds familiar, I got asked to go into Newtown police station to identify the engine block, I explained that my block was a 4 bolt main block exactly like the one they recovered, the chances that it wasn't mine were rare. As I recall various people went to jail, coppers included. I was luckily insured.
cheap is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-07-2014, 01:00 PM   #6
chess_man2
Starter Motor

That would be right !....corrupt cops have their fingers into many things..))