Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 14-02-2012, 02:10 PM   #31
barra240t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: g6e turbo v xr6 turbo v ecoboost

If money is no real problem, G6E Turbo all the way, amazing ride.
Old 14-02-2012, 07:01 PM   #32
RAPID_BA
Banned

Does he want auto or manual. if manual the choice is xr6t or nothing.

Arnt the zf boxes starting to get a bad rap for failing? Manual for robust long term ownership?
RAPID_BA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-02-2012, 07:34 PM   #33
babyf6
Young Ford Enthusiast

Thx for everything, I have told my uncle and has gone down to his local ford dealership and has test driven the G6E Turbo and the Xr6 Turbo. (For obvious reasons. He sold his BA XT which gave him extra incentive to get his car now). Then he went to Brisbane FPV and tested the GT-E and today has gone and bought it in Seduce. Loves it and cannot wait to go for a ride in it. Nor can I.
babyf6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-02-2012, 10:31 PM   #34
martyk54

Quote:
Originally Posted by TP351
If he's not too worried about cash, then G6ET is the obvious choice.
Or street cred?? Try telling people it'll beat basically any HSV 0-100.
martyk54 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-02-2012, 10:44 PM   #35
Nic85
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyk54
Or street cred?? Try telling people it'll beat basically any HSV 0-100.
0-100km/h times are about as relevant as a Walkman. They have very little to do with performance in the real world.
Nic85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-02-2012, 11:10 PM   #36
martyk54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nic85
0-100km/h times are about as relevant as a Walkman. They have very little to do with performance in the real world.
By law we can only travel to 100km/h on public roads, so I'd say the time it takes to get there is somewhat relevant? Why not elaborate on how things work in your 'real world'?

But to go into some greater 'real world' detail for your sake -

The G6ET will almost always be faster 0-100. Why? They are all automatic, many HSVs are manual. Anyone can hit a 5sec 0-100 in an FG I6T, launching a manual to get that time is hard, despite what people may tell you. Testers will literally spend hours doing stop starts, hurting gear boxes and clutches to get quoted times you see in magazines...

To beat an FG I6T & ZF to 100 takes a VERY quick car. The average punter who looks at a G6ET will not have a clue what it's capable of.
martyk54 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-02-2012, 11:49 PM   #37
MercuryT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyk54
By law we can only travel to 100km/h on public roads, so I'd say the time it takes to get there is somewhat relevant? Why not elaborate on how things work in your 'real world'?

But to go into some greater 'real world' detail for your sake -

The G6ET will almost always be faster 0-100. Why? They are all automatic, many HSVs are manual. Anyone can hit a 5sec 0-100 in an FG I6T, launching a manual to get that time is hard, despite what people may tell you. Testers will literally spend hours doing stop starts, hurting gear boxes and clutches to get quoted times you see in magazines...

To beat an FG I6T & ZF to 100 takes a VERY quick car. The average punter who looks at a G6ET will not have a clue what it's capable of.
Whilst I agree, they are different cars for different buyers.

Complete waste of time comparing speed etc. A HSV fan would not care how fast a G6T is as he would be too interested in showing off his ponce machine, and a G6T owner wouldnt care how loud, how many wings, etc a HSV has as he would be too busy enjoying his faster and better value car
MercuryT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2012, 01:17 AM   #38
KRL-94

i remeber when if you wanted a turbo, you had to buy it and put it on your self. nowdays, they come factory? what ever happend to n/a engines?

Project "White Knight"
93 ED XR6
ROH Alloys
Momo wheel
Cruise
Sunroof
Premo Sound
Manual
HO Goodies
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11447916
KRL-94 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2012, 09:59 AM   #39
Rodge
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyf6
Thx for everything, I have told my uncle and has gone down to his local ford dealership and has test driven the G6E Turbo and the Xr6 Turbo. (For obvious reasons. He sold his BA XT which gave him extra incentive to get his car now). Then he went to Brisbane FPV and tested the GT-E and today has gone and bought it in Seduce. Loves it and cannot wait to go for a ride in it. Nor can I.
Very nice colour for a GT-E IMO. I can see your uncle is a man of taste and will have a fantastic car.
Rodge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2012, 03:51 PM   #40
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Once you get a taste of 1st class it's very hard to travel by any other way...congrats and tell your uncle we would love to have some photo's posted here.
Dr Smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2012, 04:03 PM   #41
Grippy
Racing improves the breed

Quote:
Good stuff, no doubt he will love it. The more FPV's that sell at the moment the better!

1964 Mini Cooper S Historic Group Nb Touring car

Victorian Hill Climb Championship
Grippy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post