Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 09-09-2011, 11:12 PM   #1
davenl5l
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thumbs up territory a winner

in 100 klm's of country driving today i saw 6 territory titaniums all diesel and in my local town of 4 or 500 people there is 4 or 5 again all diesel titaniums just goes to show build it and they will come !! especialy if you advertise lol

davenl5l is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2011, 11:38 PM   #2
HULK EF
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: territory a winner

another 1650+ sold last month.. -almost beating falcon sales!.. atleast until the new dedicated LPG model and i4 falcon is released.
HULK EF is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2011, 12:36 AM   #3
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

75-80% of sales are diesels, what does that tell us about Ford's tardy decision....

Will it take another 4 years to get a diesel in Falcon or are they willing to take a shot and get more sales..
jpd80 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2011, 12:59 AM   #4
XRFutura
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

starting to see more and more up here in the blue mountains as well, in person they look awesome as well.

Past Vehicles:
2015 Ford Territory TS MKII - diesel burner
2016 Ford FM Mustang GT - The Dream Car
2007 FPV BF MKII GT - popping the V8 cherry
1997 Ford EL Falcon Futura - 6 cylinders of fury
XRFutura is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2011, 01:04 AM   #5
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80
75-80% of sales are diesels, what does that tell us about Ford's tardy decision....

Will it take another 4 years to get a diesel in Falcon or are they willing to take a shot and get more sales..
I think the thing holding that back, rightly or not, is that atleast Falcon gets LiLPG. If you put diesel in the Falcon will the extra sales pay for it or will it just eat into LPG.

I would say that the Falc needs all the help it can get, do it!
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2011, 01:12 AM   #6
ray38l

I think a lot of people who brought a territory a few years ago had been holding out for the new styling before upgrading. Well that's what my landlord said why he brought a new one. He couldnt bring himself to upgrade just for the sake if it. He needed a good enough reason to buy another one. I don't know if new customers are buying purely for the diesel option but if it is the reason then i reckon they should try it it the falcon. It might be the thing to save it.
ray38l is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2011, 02:17 AM   #7
302 XC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Its funny for years and years noone would touch a stinky oil burnin diesel with a barge pole
Now all of a sudden they , are well good on fuel and we have fell in love with them ???
10L/100Ks from a 30 year dirty ol 3.3L 4 speed nissan patrol i wouldnt call to shabby,not bad for 30 odd year old technology and 500,000Ks under its belt

Why are we so excited about diesels , theyve been around for many years and have been known for their fuel efficiency
302 XC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2011, 07:30 AM   #8
EB#
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Constant helpful advice and step by step guides in easy to understand format with pictures. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 302 XC
............Why are we so excited about diesels , theyve
been around for many years and have been known for their fuel efficiency
I remember when diesel was cheaper than petrol ! Seems strange that the
demand of today drives up the price of what is a lower grade fuel.

But anyway.... Good to see that Ford are selling some Aussie manufactured cars !
EB# is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2011, 08:12 AM   #9
CAMS290
trying to get a leg over
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 302 XC
Its funny for years and years noone would touch a stinky oil burnin diesel with a barge pole
Now all of a sudden they , are well good on fuel and we have fell in love with them ???
10L/100Ks from a 30 year dirty ol 3.3L 4 speed nissan patrol i wouldnt call to shabby,not bad for 30 odd year old technology and 500,000Ks under its belt

Why are we so excited about diesels , theyve been around for many years and have been known for their fuel efficiency
Because common rail, intercooled, electronic injected, variable geometry turbo's, etc.........are light years ahead of old gutless smoke belching under powered diesels of years gone by.

Having a diesel 20 years ago meant you suffered in performance, but not these days.

I drive trucks for a living and it's like comparing a mechanical 400 Cummins to a new ISX...............no comparison apart from the old technology being more reliable.
Old 10-09-2011, 08:59 AM   #10
Reaper8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

diesel was cheaper at the pump because it needs less reifining, the government in there wisdom threw an extra tax on it to stop people buying diesel powered cars and 4 wheel drives. Bet their rubbin their hands together now with all the diesels coming on the market
Reaper8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2011, 05:16 PM   #11
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It is good to hear there is lots of titaniums being sold.. They are good margin for Ford & I think we can all agree, Ford needs all the profit it can get!!
Joe5619 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2011, 07:46 PM   #12
yift
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Countless sensible, accurate mechanical advice on all things Falcon and Territory. 

we are selling the diesel territories like hot cakes to private and fleet. we are sold out petrol models for the next 2-3 months. focus's are flying out the door aswell.
yift is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2011, 08:36 PM   #13
kaniSS
BIG MEMBER ;)

1.50 a litre for diesel, I don't see the difference and the fuss over diesel cars.
Old 10-09-2011, 09:11 PM   #14
Brazen
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yes seen quite a few out here in South Western Queensland. Still surprised that falcon isnt getting diesel considering the majority of Mondeos and Territories are diesel.
Brazen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2011, 10:57 PM   #15
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80
It proves that Tom Gorman was as dumb as dog ***.

I can still remember his comment when questioned by a journo, when are you going to put a diesel in the Territory, to which he replied, "why the hell would you want to do that".

No wonder GP wanted to punch him out after he found out that Gorman had axed the 2008 diesel Territory program.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-09-2011, 12:16 AM   #16
phillyc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always factual and beneficial. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yift
we are selling the diesel territories like hot cakes to private and fleet. we are sold out petrol models for the next 2-3 months. focus's are flying out the door aswell.
As slow as the first half of the year has been for Falcon sales, Ford Aus have a real crack of making a profit for the 3rd year running with very strong Territory sales.

This is really excellent news. Territory and Gen3 Focus both flying out the door.

To the OP. Particularly Titanium seems to be racking up a large portion of sales. Rightly so. Wheels mag in the May review against the $93k BMW X5 3.0TD rated the Titanium Diesel Territory the winner. Despite a more than $30k price advantage.

Boss349 built. Not yet run. Waiting on a shell.

Retrotech thread
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...1363569&page=6
phillyc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-09-2011, 09:25 AM   #17
CAMS290
trying to get a leg over
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper8
diesel was cheaper at the pump because it needs less reifining, the government in there wisdom threw an extra tax on it to stop people buying diesel powered cars and 4 wheel drives. Bet their rubbin their hands together now with all the diesels coming on the market
It has only been the last few years that the refineries have started making low sulphur diesel in Australia to suit the high tech Euro diesels.
Australian diesel was rubbish until then, but was ok for trucks etc.
Old 12-09-2011, 08:03 PM   #18
robbo/region15

Was on site today @ Broady.
Sat in over 70 different Fords,testing a particular glitch.Tell you what though,the Quality off each and everyone of those vehicles was Beautiful!!!
The Terri in Leather seats................So comfy,room,room,room!
Utes on LPI
FPV sedans..........Whats that Fish smell??Plastics...
If i ever win Lotto ill have a G6E in Seduce with Cream Leather Interior..Thanks!!

Well done Ford,im a Bike person,but these vehicles get a thumbs up..

*So tomoz its the Shipping gate to Toll Fence to be checked.....
robbo/region15 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-09-2011, 08:27 PM   #19
vhcbm
having Fiesta withdrawals

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Ford couldn't fix my BlueTooth issue. This member posted a download link, with instruction, on how to do it myself. One week on, the unit hasn't played up once. Three different dealers told me to virtually 'Live with it. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaniSS
1.50 a litre for diesel, I don't see the difference and the fuss over diesel cars.
Many more Km's on one tank, it may end up being better value, I could be wrong though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbo/region15
If i ever win Lotto ill have a G6E in Seduce with Cream Leather Interior..Thanks!!

Well done Ford
You would get the turbo one, right?

Seen quite a few of the new Territories floating around, much better looking than the Craptiva. Maybe things might be starting to look up for Ford sales...

Past: 2009 Ford Fiesta LX in Vision Blue - Sold
vhcbm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-09-2011, 08:33 PM   #20
nstg8a

i had a look at a titanium terri at denmac ford on the weekend

http://www.denmac.com.au/cars-for-sa...derBy=5&page=1

might have been this one, its identical anyway.
anyway, i couldn't believe how luxurious the interior was, definitely a nice place to sit....
nstg8a is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-09-2011, 11:24 PM   #21
robbo/region15

Quote:

You would get the turbo one, right?
Lol,no way thats what i have a CBR1000 for...........pure excelleration..
robbo/region15 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-09-2011, 02:50 AM   #22
FG XR
Custom FG XR6!

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always keen to get on board and help others along the way 

Only seen about 2 or 3 here in Perth (north of the river) and one of them was a dealer on his way to work! They look the goods hey!! Makes the craptiva look like something from daewoo or great wall in comparison to quality
Old 13-09-2011, 03:19 AM   #23
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Another brilliant effort from Ford, the sales mix coming from Territory fully vindicates using silky smooth V6 diesel.

What a smart move by Ford, getting the government to fund three different engines, V6 Diesel, EcoLPI and Ecoboost I-4
Now with calibration tweeks, Ford can pick and choose which vehicles get what engines - how good is that.
jpd80 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-09-2011, 03:45 AM   #24
Dave R

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Valued contributor especially in the FG threads. Offers help and information to all. Posts are always in a positive manner. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FG XR
Makes the craptiva look like something from daewoo or great wall in comparison to quality
That's not hard, considering the Captiva IS from Daewoo
Dave R is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-09-2011, 08:38 AM   #25
Deco28

I've seen one in Cairns and no Focus's on the roads yet :(
Deco28 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-09-2011, 08:53 AM   #26
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

What an awesome looking machine these Terry's are on the road

Not only are they selling but I am seeing more Ford Adds on TV then Holden Adds these days......

Terry Adds, Foucus Adds & buy the F6 310 for $59,999 new

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Sorted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-09-2011, 09:58 AM   #27
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Great to hear, and the diesel territory is really sticking it up the craptiva which means that Holwoo can no longer advertise their korean garbage as being the only local SUV to have diesel.

I really am sick of Holwoo and their playing to the lowest common denominator with their sickly, parochial advertising; "Holden means a great deal to Australia". Every time I hear words to those effects it makes me vomit a little in my mouth. "Aren't we patriotic, go better", yeah right, especially since all of their cars except the commodore are built either in South Korea or Thailand. Remarkably most people are so dumb they don't realise their new holden is in fact a rebadged Daewoo.

I saw a rather portly woman the other day driving a craptiva with the obligatory southern cross stickers on it, as well as a sticker with the words "Proudly Australian, proudly Holden" adorning the back window.
I thought maybe I should remind her of the origins of her car, but then I remembered I don't speak bogan and would get lost in the conversation where every second word gets supplemented with an F word. Still, it amazes me how much misinformation Holden has thrown out there with their misleading patriotic messages.

Finally, I realise that Ford only make 2 of their cars here, the Falcon and the Territory, but they don't advertise as being the great Australian car company like Holwoo do.

Quote: