Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 05-06-2009, 04:54 PM   #1
The Monty
Just slidin'

Default AU 6 fuel systems

Ok, very soon Ill be upgrading my fuel system, as it cant cope with even the small amount of power Im making now.
Ill be Supercharging the car hopefully next year, so please keep this in mind.
What are peoples choice when it comes to Fuel regulator and fuel pump?
Are you able to use xr6t pump and reg, or is there an alternative?
What about on 044 and any good brand adjustable fuel reg?
How would you mount the pump, where, and would/are you using a surge tank?
Are the factory lines large enough to support, say, 240rwkw comfortably?
Any help would be great, and bullpoop in the thread and Ill ask for it to be closed,
Thanks,
Josh

Old 05-06-2009, 07:16 PM   #2
ebxr82nv
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The 044 are a great item, don't hear any complaints about them. Are you going to use it as well as the factory pump or instead? Surge tank only becomes needed above 350rwkw unless your planning on some circuit work. Wouldn't worry about the lines but there's plenty of people making more than 240 in forced setups with factory lines I'm sure.

I don't understand why your car is running out of fuel but, mine makes a smidgin more power than yours and doesn't run lean. Are you still running the 270kpa fuel reg?
97 el futura MOCKed up with a 2500 stall, heaps of fun!
ebxr82nv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2009, 07:30 PM   #3
The Monty
Just slidin'

Im running standard Au reg. Not the xr6 one. My fuel pump is so noisy before i start the car now, and I think its on it way out. Im basically only making power to 4900rpm, after that the tune was backed off as it just runs out of fuel, you put your foot down when theres less tha half a tank and it goes then just dies, foot down around a corner, same thing, just dies, then when your straight, picks up and goes again.
The cam and head Im using should and will spin to 6500rpm. So there is a lot more tuning still to do on it. So with my pump on the way out, and plans to s/c, I may as well do the whole lot now at once and have it done and ready to go.
Id rather use the 044 instead of my factory one as its about to die anyway, so I may as well just do it now and its done.
Old 05-06-2009, 07:32 PM   #4
The Monty
Just slidin'

Also as a quick note, Stav had his injectors max out at 160 odd kw. And mine is auto with a pretty big stall converter, which if I didnt have Id be around the 160 mark.
Old 05-06-2009, 07:32 PM   #5
Cam
Stroking it...

As we'd discussed today I'd recommend an intank 044, although I run a Inline 044.
I have heard reasonably good things about Sard Performance Fuel Performance fuel pressure regs, so I'd recommend them.

Will allow you lots of scope for future mods including boost ;)
Now: Busted assed EB Wagon - 5sp and Dual Fuel.
Cam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2009, 07:37 PM   #6
The Monty
Just slidin'

What sort of connectors and brackets and joinery would I need to make it all fit? Or is it all pretty generic?
Old 05-06-2009, 08:08 PM   #7
Mr Hardware
Flairs - Truckers Delight

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: The excellent how to on LPG jet cleaning. 

Obligatory 'LPG it' post
Old 06-06-2009, 07:18 AM   #8
The Monty
Just slidin'

Yeah I could LPG it, loose power and have it chew heaps of gas, and have restrictors all through it. But I might just past, as I dont want the extra 100 or whatever KG's in the boot and few kilos in the engine.

It has crossed my mind though, but its not what Im after for this car, thanks anyway.