Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 26-05-2007, 02:45 PM   #1
wodahs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default do not call registra

in the last couple of weeks it seems to be i have had an increase of , well lets say buisness calls , you know the types
just got one again this time for home pest control and for you (me) the home owner ( and i rent ) we are offering .... and dur in this i informed her i have regerisered for do not call , and as a buisness they shouldnt be calling and she informed me that

1. im not on their computer as being regeristed for this , which i did befor christmass

and

2. they are not selling !!! wtf why call me then
oh
they are offering a COMUNITY SERVICE so they are alowed to call even if you have regerisered and its up to us if we want to buy their comunity service ( product ) twice the wtf : :

rebuilding the zh fairlane with a clevo 400m 4v heads injected whipple blown with aode 4 speed trans to a 9" ....... we'll get there eventually

just remember don't be afraid to try something new.
Remember, amateurs built the Ark...Professionals built the Titanic!

I have taken up meditation... at least it's better than sitting around doing nothing !!
wodahs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2007, 03:38 PM   #2
XRated
Shoot.

I signed up a couple of weeks ago and have had some calls. There are always loopholes! Although strangely enough, the only calls I've had since registering were not from overseas...

20V Turbo

XRated is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2007, 03:56 PM   #3
AUIII

You said you signed before Christmas? I thought you were only able to sign up to the register from the 1st of May.

I signed up on the first day and the calls have dropped off but I still have received a few.

The do not call register web site states that it may take companies up to 30 days to recognise your registration and penalties do not start until after the 31st of may.

The community service excuse is pretty lame charities are exempt but I doubt pest control companies offering their services out of the goddess of the hearts are.
Old 27-05-2007, 12:37 AM   #4
Thornie
Off smelting

well if they are offering a community service, then i guess it should be free to you as it "IS" a community service.
Thornie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2007, 12:54 AM   #5
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The register could really be "those that don't want to be called but we will sell the phone numbers to them" IMO. Wouldn't suprise me anyway. I have fun telling them to **** off or playing around asking dumbarse questions. :
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2007, 01:02 AM   #6
5tumpy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by wodahs
in the last couple of weeks it seems to be i have had an increase of , well lets say buisness calls , you know the types
just got one again this time for home pest control and for you (me) the home owner ( and i rent ) we are offering .... and dur in this i informed her i have regerisered for do not call , and as a buisness they shouldnt be calling and she informed me that

1. im not on their computer as being regeristed for this , which i did befor christmass

and

2. they are not selling !!! wtf why call me then
oh
they are offering a COMUNITY SERVICE so they are alowed to call even if you have regerisered and its up to us if we want to buy their comunity service ( product ) twice the wtf : :

Mate, if you signed up on a do not call register before the 1st of may, you need to sign up again...
Linky That's the website.

Can take up to 30 days to come into effect. After 30 days, if someone calls you, get as much info as you can, and report them. The fine goes into the millions...

Mitchay,

The do not call register was actually brought about by law, not by agreement as previous schemes were. There are severe penalties for not only companies, but individuals who breach the legislation.

There are 2 exceptions to the law, not-for-profit organisations, and companies who you purchase services from are allowed to make marketing calls to their EXISTING customers. Not ex-customers as certain telcos are currently doing (cough Telstra cough)... LOL...

Other than those exceptions, if you go there and register, you won't get any unsolicitated calls...
5tumpy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-05-2007, 04:05 PM   #7
'63Deluxe
Irregular Member

I just had a guy knock on the door and offer to sign me up to the do not call register for $30 a line.

Ummm - it's free online...

The Company was Infinity Global.
'63Deluxe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-05-2007, 05:37 PM   #8
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Quote:
Originally Posted by '63Deluxe
I just had a guy knock on the door and offer to sign me up to the do not call register for $30 a line.

Ummm - it's free online...

The Company was Infinity Global.
There's a scam going on with this...

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=69910
Old 28-05-2007, 11:28 PM   #9
1970galaxie
Fat 460

I've got a silent number, so that solved the phone problems.
As for people knocking on the door, I have a sign which reads....
IF YOU DON'T KNOW ME
DON'T KNOCK.
IF I DON'T KNOW YOU
I WONT ANSWER.

No one ever knocks!
2003 BA XR8 Ute. Blood Orange. 5.4/5 speed.
2006 Territory Turbo. Silhouette. 4.0/6 speed auto.
1970galaxie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-05-2007, 11:29 PM   #10
1970galaxie
Fat 460

Damn computer freezing up.

Double post.
2003 BA XR8 Ute. Blood Orange. 5.4/5 speed.
2006 Territory Turbo. Silhouette. 4.0/6 speed auto.

Last edited by 1970galaxie; 28-05-2007 at 11:34 PM.
1970galaxie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post