Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 16-03-2005, 09:40 AM   #11
biased99
Occasional V8 user...

Quote:
Also I am planning to eat more regularly, 5 smaller meals a day rather than 3 large ones and two snacks. I gotta get rid of sugar. I don't eat potatoes anymore either
This is part of the key for us also...5 or 6 smaller meals each day. As an example, consider the following:
Breakfast - 2 hard-boiled eggs and some green tea. (A small glass of fruit juice can also be had here).
Mid-morning - Protein shake
Lunch - Grilled piece of chicken maryland (skinless) and some fruit juice. (Also have some cut up lettuce and other vegies if I can be bothered cutting it up)
Mid-afternoon - Protein shake or bar
Tea - Piece of grilled chicken (skinless) or fish (we use Dory a bit), and some vegies (eg. steamed broccoli and/or cauliflower), with some fruit juice and green tea.

This was basically what we had during the weight loss/metabolic adjustment phases - now it's more or less the same, but with a little more flexibility (eg. I substituted some grilled snags for chicken last night).

My wife is glucose intolerant, and thus has to watch her carb intake. This diet works quite well in that respect.

As for vitamins, we take a multivitamin, an E group vitamin, another one whose designation escapes me, and some salmon omega (for the omega 3 oils).

Not going to work for everyone, but some basic principles apply regardless (ie. more and smaller meals, regular intensive exercise etc).

Good luck with your weight-loss (and your knee) Bindi!

Last edited by biased99; 16-03-2005 at 01:05 PM.
biased99 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post