Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 15-08-2006, 08:42 PM   #10
ltd
Force Fed Fords

xrchic, no offence, I guess I probably looked too far into your post. I agree the assault charge was a bit much, especially when assault is often confused with battery and confused with intent. I believe there was no malice on this girls part however I think that she needs to have this incident recorded. Having 1 point left on her licence would indeed ensure that she takes the utmost care on the road and hypothetically, that may just save lives including her own. I must admit I believe steve is entitled to an explaination as to why she appears to have lied in her statement to police about seeing and not seeing his father; and if she has indeed lied to avoid paying a fine at such a serious time then I hope the police throw the book at her.

Thanks for quantifying what I already thought in relation to your qualifications. I can see why you weren't forthcoming with advice; I mistakingly thought steve was in NSW. I haven't kept up with the varying statutes in states other than NSW regarding traffic matters as I haven't practiced for over 6 years. As such, I agree entirely with you about not offering legal advice.

In hindsight, I think I'll just stick to planes rather than law, as I am suddenly reminded as to why I got out of it in the first place. Grappling with issues of morality does take a toll, especially when you suspect your client is making a vexatious claim. (not in this case).

I can tell you though of an elderly ethnic gentleman who was claiming for industrial hearing loss and through the obvious dollar signs in his eyes decided to embellish his story. Long story short, the judge dismissed the case when this gentleman proceeded to tell the court that at night, in bed, the ringing was so bad that even his wife could hear it. That was June 1997 and it was not until late 1999 that we made him understand that his BS lost the case for him.

Quote: