Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 17-03-2006, 01:57 PM   #1
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

Default iPods and similar

Hi all,

Well, my old discman has packed in, and listening to the radio kinda sucks (I have a tape deck, and am happy with it before anyone suggests CD/mp3 HUs).

So, I'm considering an iPod or similar to replace my discman. Problem is, I know virtually nothing about them with regard to value for money, engineering, etc. I've been told that early iPods (ie 2nd hand) should be avoided because of the in-built battery, and once the battery ИИИИs itself, the iPod is useless.

I'm after something that:

* can hold about 100 CD albums worth of music (200 would be nice!),

* comes with software so that I can copy the CDs across using my laptop,

* has a power source which isn't costly to replace (ie "standard" NiMH rechargables or similar, or model-specific batteries which don't cost the world),

* can either use a tape adapter (which I currently have with the discman), or an FM broadcaster

What brands and models should I be looking at for these specifications, and should I avoid 2nd-hand items like the plague, and what prices would I be looking at? Finally, where would be the best places to get them from?

Just to repeat:

I am NOT replacing the tape deck. Its sound quality is good enough for me, and it blends in well with my interior. Plus it says FORD on it :

Cheers

-Dave-

mcflux is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post