Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 14-04-2017, 02:20 PM   #1
te5000

Default PCM BEM and Key Programming / Communication For AU Falcons...

Hi guys, looking for a little advice / assistance
Firstly gotta say that I have a couple of AU Fords, both V8's and are fantastic to drive.
Anyway a few years back I had to get the local ford dealer / mechanic around to the house to re establish the hand shake between Key Coder, BEM and PCM. This was done as a favour then but now the dealer wont assist and wants to slug horrific money for a non guaranteed result.
Problem has arisen again but this time my father in laws car (AU Forte). that was when local dealer gave price indications which shocked the father inlaw as he is a pensioner that simply cannot afford such a bill. I was able to get around the fault by replacing the ignition barrel, BEM and PCM from the same car, now theirs is running ok.

From my understanding the car lost its "hand shake" between above mentioned components, smart shield was enabled locking out the starter motor. All caused by some one trying to start the car with a flat battery

Now my questions are:

1, Besides heading to Ford to get the Hand shake Re-established is there some one else that can do the same?
2, Is there a device I can buy that can perform the same function (Re-establish Hand Shake)?
3, If there is a device has anybody used it? Basically I now have another AU ford parked in my garage that I cannot move with out towing it.

Thanks in advance Stu
te5000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post